Kubota or John Deere

/ Kubota or John Deere #1  
Tractor
Long 360, John Deere 3005, Farmall Cub, Case IH495, Fordson Power Major
What do you think guys....should I buy a diesel JD or Kubota? I am at all loss. Help me!

/ Kubota or John Deere #2  
You own a JD now why do you want to change?

/ Kubota or John Deere
Because the Kubota is a shaft driving transmission vs JD belt driven (this is the diesel versions). I know that the belt will not last as long as the shaft but the shaft will be more expensive when it does need repair/replacing vs the belt which is cheaper. Im looking at about the same price. I just don't know which is a better deal.

/ Kubota or John Deere #4  
If your Deere dealer is reasonably close by and has been helpful and reliable, favor the Deere dealer with repeat business.

/ Kubota or John Deere
Now that is one rule I will always follow. Buy whatever is closest as long as it has a strong history and isnt going anywhere anytime soon. The nearest Deere shop is about 20 minutes and Kubota is about an hour. The Deere is better in my opinion I just dont want to spend $15000 on a new machine and hate it lol. I feel that you can't go wrong with a Deere, however Kubota does have my respects too. Either way they are great machines. Deere is closest, and Deere is a Deere!

/ Kubota or John Deere #6  
They are both great machines and expensive. I haven't used the JD but I can tell you that Kubota is a real workhorse. We used one in Colorado last year during elk season. That machine went places it probably should not have. We used it to pack out two elk and four hunters. You probably can't go wrong with either unit.

/ Kubota or John Deere
That is a substantial amount of weight, and how awesome is that to be able to carry all that weight. I don't think we will be hunting any Elk anytime soon but it gives you a great idea of it limits and capabilities.

/ Kubota or John Deere #8  
I went through this last year when my lemony JD 1025R became too much to bear. I checked out a JD 2025R and a Kubota B2301. The B actually came out better ranked in my spreadsheet, but I went with the JD because the dealership had treated me well and is a skip and a jump away vs. near an hour away for the Kubota dealer. They do have a Kubota dealership now about as close as the JD's, but they only deal in the BX and smaller so far (but apparently could get B parts there). Close call.

Ralph

/ Kubota or John Deere #9  
Test drives? I found that a deciding factor (for me) was the noise level, which tends to differ quite a bit between models. Can't assess that without actually driving each.

/ Kubota or John Deere #10  
I gave the Deere Gators a look since the dealer was right down the street and I have owned several Deeres over the years, but there was no comparison in my opinion -- the new Kubota RTVs felt more solid and rugged to me. Price didn't even enter into it. I didn't like the Deere at any price! Got an RTV-X1120D in December and it's been awesome so far.