country UTV trailer review?

/ country UTV trailer review? #11  
What you see in these photos was a Rhino what was subsequently retired (sold) and replaced with a can-am HD10 defender. If you care, its reviews can be read here. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/atvs-utility-vehicles/355357-can-am-2016-defender-hd10.html

The jack lift worked OK. We wish it went a tad higher and we also broke it once but wasn't to hard to repair. The walking beam mount pin remained 3/4 in size but what's not visible in the photos is the 4 locking collars we welded to the beams channels to lock the pins in position. The short pipes you see which got welded in to create the bearings, are dram tubing. Yes lots of messing around but by the end, the trailer was made much stronger or more durable. Not being able to weight the loads, we could have been moving 2500lbs.

Why was the Rhino sold, broke, wore out, and why replaced with a Can-Am UTV?
I have a 2012 Rhino, low miles so far, my biggest complaint is it goes to fast in low range, wish top speed in low was 5-10/hr.
I think your trailer is a lot better after you've fixed it....

/ country UTV trailer review?
We replace all our tow machines after 5 or 6 years of age. The Rhino was at that time plus was under powered for our use. The Rhino at 45hp while the Defender is at 72 was much better for our needs, yet we've still had it max out was well. That's with pods on, in snow and towing some implement, which will make a UTV grunt. Maybe I should add that it's repairs ran about $3000 over its last season.

Why was the Rhino sold, broke, wore out, and why replaced with a Can-Am UTV?
I have a 2012 Rhino, low miles so far, my biggest complaint is it goes to fast in low range, wish top speed in low was 5-10/hr.
I think your trailer is a lot better after you've fixed it....

Last edited:
   / country UTV trailer review? #13  
Glad to see someone was interested in this trailer. We'll need this trailer again soon, so maybe I'll grab a photo of it hauling the 22ft long 4x12" full dimension timbers we need to move.. If anyone else has a UTV or atv trailer, please post how you liked it.

Yes, get a picture, show me that thing freighted, love seeing equipment push to the limit instead of babied.
Read your review on your other post, well put and straight forward. So if you was buying another UTV tomorrow, any other brand you might choose there are probably over a dozen big ones to pick from, maybe there's atleast 3 top brands you'd like.

Here is some loads we moved on Friday. No idea what they weighed. In the 2nd photos those timbers were 22ft long 4x12" full dimensional lumber. Yes we grunted getting them on.... You can see the adjustable hitch was extended to its max.

Attachments

• pedbridgewood7.jpg
    pedbridgewood7.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 413
  • pedbridgewood3.jpg
    pedbridgewood3.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 411
  • pedbridgewood2.jpg
    pedbridgewood2.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 398
This deluxe trailer made a few gravel runs this week. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• springcreekbridgegravel3.jpg
    springcreekbridgegravel3.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 356
  • springcreekbridgegravel2.jpg
    springcreekbridgegravel2.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 289
  • springcreekbridgegravel.jpg
    springcreekbridgegravel.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 336
   / country UTV trailer review? #16  
Nice! Looks like it is really working out for you.

/ country UTV trailer review? #17  
Looks like ArlyA has put that one through the wringer! With the mods he made it should holdup very well. I bought one of Country 7740UTV trailers this spring for use on the farm and it has been excellent for farm work. We pull it with a older Bush Hog UTV. The trailer will handle more than the UTV is capable of pulling for sure.

Thanks Dave. If you are moving serous loads with yours, you may want to watch the walking beams angle. Ours went squat, (center down, looking from the back) as the beams bearings wore out.

/ country UTV trailer review? #19  
Thanks Dave. If you are moving serous loads with yours, you may want to watch the walking beams angle. Ours went squat, (center down, looking from the back) as the beams bearings wore out.

Howdy..!!! I just ordered a trailer similar to yours, but has a 7' X 4' bed with metal sides [ 7740UTV-BR ]. I stumbled onto your rebuild, and will mod mine / paint it before I assemble it, My one question is why you added the brace on the side of the channel iron between the walking beam plate and the vertical angle the bed pivot on??? [ picture #1 of the frame upside down ] I do not plan on making mine tilt and will fix the bed in place. Basically going to use mine for firewood/out in the woods behind a tractor....

Attachments

• 7740utv-trailer-banner (Large).jpg
    7740utv-trailer-banner (Large).jpg
    222 KB · Views: 177
   / country UTV trailer review? #20  
We have been using the crap out of this trailer now for about a year. Hauling water tanks, firewood and produce across 5 acres and it has held up to the task with no issues other than a slow leak in one tire last week. I ended up drilling a hole in the front of the bed and bolted the bed to the chassis as we rarely use it as a dump trailer. Hope your's holds up well as our's has JerryK.