How do you haul your side by side?

/ How do you haul your side by side? #11  
This is the trailer I use, 28' Fleetneck. Overkill but it's what I have.

Attachments

• IMG_1775.JPG
    IMG_1775.JPG
    698.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1773.JPG
    IMG_1773.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 299
   / How do you haul your side by side? #12  
I have a new Ranger XP 900 EPS and this is how I brought it home: _EM51210.JPG

I also have a 6' x 10' utility trailer with 4' ramp. Knowing the trailer would be too small but needing to weld a bunch of 1/2" D-rings on the trailer and UTV, I took them together to a friend's farm last weekend where my welding equipment is. Trailer tracked and worked great, but was too short. No pics but the front tires were all the way forward and UTV front tied straight down with the rears tied down to the UTV trailer safety chain tie points. As expected the rear tie points held fast as they were at a good angle on a non suspended point. But I had nothing but trouble with the front tie points. I welded the D-rings for recovery and tie down purposes. _EM51334.JPG

I just ordered a 77" x 16' Lawrimore utility trailer with 3500# tandem axles, brakes on both, 12" steel mesh sides, LED lights and mounted spare tire. UTILITY Scroll down to "Tandem Axle Tubing Trailers". 6 - 8 week wait for mine. My 20' equipment trailer is a Lawrimore and I like it a lot. I felt I needed a minimum of 12' trailer bed length with 14' being better. So got the 16' to make sure I had flexibility in use. With a crew UTV I would not consider anything less than 16'

Only issue now is to find a way to tie down the front of the UTV on a non suspended frame portion. If you are going to tie it down at a suspended point, such as the front bumper, I suggest you use straps that have a clasp so as the UTV bounces around the hook does not come lose. This type is strap is all I use now. Have 5 each on each trailer plus a set of 4 with a built in axle strap for cars, UTVs, etc. _EM51337.JPG_EM51336.JPG

/ How do you haul your side by side?
I have a new Ranger XP 900 EPS and this is how I brought it home: View attachment 472606

I also have a 6' x 10' utility trailer with 4' ramp. Knowing the trailer would be too small but needing to weld a bunch of 1/2" D-rings on the trailer and UTV, I took them together to a friend's farm last weekend where my welding equipment is. Trailer tracked and worked great, but was too short. No pics but the front tires were all the way forward and UTV front tied straight down with the rears tied down to the UTV trailer safety chain tie points. As expected the rear tie points held fast as they were at a good angle on a non suspended point. But I had nothing but trouble with the front tie points. I welded the D-rings for recovery and tie down purposes. View attachment 472607

I just ordered a 77" x 16' Lawrimore utility trailer with 3500# tandem axles, brakes on both, 12" steel mesh sides, LED lights and mounted spare tire. UTILITY Scroll down to "Tandem Axle Tubing Trailers". 6 - 8 week wait for mine. My 20' equipment trailer is a Lawrimore and I like it a lot. I felt I needed a minimum of 12' trailer bed length with 14' being better. So got the 16' to make sure I had flexibility in use. With a crew UTV I would not consider anything less than 16'

Only issue now is to find a way to tie down the front of the UTV on a non suspended frame portion. If you are going to tie it down at a suspended point, such as the front bumper, I suggest you use straps that have a clasp so as the UTV bounces around the hook does not come lose. This type is strap is all I use now. Have 5 each on each trailer plus a set of 4 with a built in axle strap for cars, UTVs, etc. View attachment 472612View attachment 472613

You just ordered the exact same trailer I'm looking at. Except it would only have one brake axle. Local dealer tries to keep one in stock. He said order wait time is 3-4 weeks.

See I need 11.5 feet just to get the back tires on the deck. The back axle on the 16' is at 12'. So it's all I can do to get my weight over my trailer axles.

Ok. I'm talking myself back into the 18'er. 14 is out. Next question. Would you go 77 or 83 inches wide? Thinking 77. Have 60" mower.

Edit: nice setup. Good job on D-rings. How'd you match the paint back so well?

/ How do you haul your side by side? #14  
I haul my RTV1100 on a 16x7 tandem with a lift gate. no issues.

/ How do you haul your side by side? #15  
You just ordered the exact same trailer I'm looking at. Except it would only have one brake axle. Local dealer tries to keep one in stock. He said order wait time is 3-4 weeks.

See I need 11.5 feet just to get the back tires on the deck. The back axle on the 16' is at 12'. So it's all I can do to get my weight over my trailer axles.

Ok. I'm talking myself back into the 18'er. 14 is out. Next question. Would you go 77 or 83 inches wide? Thinking 77. Have 60" mower.

Edit: nice setup. Good job on D-rings. How'd you match the paint back so well?

The 83" is just a little bit more money, ~$100 and I think a better buy. My dealer also suggested the 83" as maybe a better buy but all of his landscape customers use the 77" width due to maneuverability- my reason also. 77" width is all I need and do not want more width than necessary for navigating narrow areas.

Polaris' metal trim is is a black satin finish. My standard go-to spray can paint is Krylon and this is what I got from Wal-Mart: _EM51338.JPG

/ How do you haul your side by side? #16  
472674-share-pics-people-hauling-towing-80-zt0ax0c_bcf553380c31af58abeb8bd07d5e96bd14b52a3c-png

/ How do you haul your side by side? #18  
It might be tied in the front. Also look at the sides, it has straps going to roll bar.

It looks goofy. I might put down plywood or boards. But that may be what he is doing with the ramps. They appear under the tires. Not sure how he did that.

On side by side forums they take about, the weigth is not on the tailgate, or wood on tailgates spreads it.

I just backed into a ditch and it climbed right up. Added air to the tires. Drove great, maybe better.

Attachments

• 100_3394.JPG
    100_3394.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 410
   / How do you haul your side by side? #19  
With a loading job like that, I'd not be shocked if the "tie-downs" were nothing more than the winch cable fed through the rear sliding window and wrapped around the rear view mirror on the windshield.

/ How do you haul your side by side? #20  
Chuckle. And think about the danger to all of the others on the roadways. There is no way this can be safe from any standpoint.