Kubota RTV 1100 how to adjust rear brakes?

/ Kubota RTV 1100 how to adjust rear brakes? #1  

Summerlee

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100
I bought a Kubota RTV 1100 4 years ago and the brake petal went almost to the floor when applying brakes. After 4 years of use the petal does hit the floor. When you pump the brakes once, you have good brakes. The parking brake works fine. The vehicle has 310 hours on it. I talked to dealer and they said was master cylinder. So I put a new one on. Kubota mfu. will not talk to me about the brakes and now the dealer also won't either. They say there is no adjustment and I have to bring it in to be checked out. It looks like there is an adjustment screw between the piston and the brake lever on both sides in the back. Does anyone have information, Thanks. I have almost never used the brakes. The Kubota comes to a fast stop without ever the need to use brakes.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 how to adjust rear brakes? #2  
The linkage between the beake cylinder and the lever on the transaxle is adjustable. One on each side. Needs shortened to remove slack. Too much slack uses some of the stroke of the pedal before activating the brakes which creates the low pedal situation.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 how to adjust rear brakes?
Thank you very much. I was going to try that but rep said not to change factory settings. Thank you again, I'm going to adjust them today.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 how to adjust rear brakes? #4  
I adjusted mine with rear wheels off ground in neutral so I could turn wheels to make sure I didn't overtighten and cause brake drag.

Difference between first stroke of brake pedal and subsequent strokes is now about 1/2" of pedal stroke. Much better.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I had problems with turnbuckle adjuster. They must have welded the nuts inside the U's while all parts were tight together. Could not get locknuts loose. I know one is left-hand the other right but I had to take a torch to get them loose. Cotter pins also would not come loose. 1 turn tighter, petal still at floor. 1 1/2 turn tighter , petal near top ( too tight) 1 1/4 turn tight petal 1/2 way up. All works fine now. Didn't need new master cylinder. Thanks, Have a good day.

/ Kubota RTV 1100 how to adjust rear brakes? #6  
I found my nuts welded also when making an adjustment last year. I cannot recall how I was able to adjust the slack out . RTV 1100

I had to heat the nuts cherry red to break them loose. Every thing works fine now. Thanks

/ Kubota RTV 1100 how to adjust rear brakes? #8  
Glad it worked for ya. Come back and visit with us anytime. :)