Kubota RTV 500 Leans to the left

/ Kubota RTV 500 Leans to the left #1  

ghjcmo

Tractor
Kubota RTV 500
Hello all,

I just purchased a new Kubota RTV 500 a couple of months back and I've not put a lot of miles on it, I think something like 7.5 hours on my digital readout. But just this weekend I noticed when it was parked in the shed, it has a pretty serious lean to the left. I googled this and found this forum. Someone else brought it up in a tractor forum and was re-directed to this ATV subforum. But I never did see a resolution. I noticed a few other people commented with the exact same issue, but again no real resolution.

So I'm wondering if other people have experienced this, and if so, what they did about it? Or maybe it doesn't hurt anything (other than bothering my OCD tendencies, LOL)?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ Kubota RTV 500 Leans to the left #2  
All RTV500s lean to the left as time passes.

The rear suspension springs on the RTV500 have five adjustment positions, it ships from the factory set in center position, #3.

It is easy to adjust the rear springs with a pair of Channel Locks over the housing, using a rag as padding. Set in the softest position, the ride is much improved. When you look underneath, the adjustment positions are evident. Adjustment is covered in the Owner's Manual using a special tool, which is NOT available from Kubota/USA. Channel Locks clamped over a rag performs adjustment fine.

I have the driver's side spring in position #2, passenger side spring in position #1, softest ride. It is level.

I have optional Turf Tires, which may also improve the ride. (?)

The RTV500 is a great work vehicle requiring almost no repairs. I use no-ethanol 'marine' gasoline in mine after having one problem with contamination in the fuel tank, which may have been ethanol related. MAINTAIN FRESH GAS.

The canopy is from Kubota.

Hitch: Hitch 2 inch Ball 1 25 inch Receiver ATV Tek Four Wheeler UTV Garden Tractor | eBay

Curt 459 3 in 1 ATV Multi Use Ball Mount | eBay Curt hitch, which I have, must be shortened to fit RTV500.

Trailer is an old MUTS: MUTS - Multi-Use Trailer System for your ATV, Quad and 4 Wheeler

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0377.JPG
    IMG_0377.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 465
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 397
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
   / Kubota RTV 500 Leans to the left
Thanks. I would have expected it over time to lean a little just from the weight always being on the left side and it wearing down a little over time. But not after only 7 hours.

I will take a look at the shock adjustment. Again I don't know that it bothers me THAT much other than I just thought a brand new machine shouldn't do that.

THX

PS. And I hear you on the "no-ethanol" gas thing. That's all I run through it.

/ Kubota RTV 500 Leans to the left #4  
Some RTV500s are sold to 100 pound folks, some to 300 pound folks. I guess that is why the springs have five positions.

LOL, I'm a LOT closer to the 300 lbs than 100. :)

/ Kubota RTV 500 Leans to the left #6  
My property is not the smoothest so I set mine on the lightest setting to give it a smoother ride. I am closer to 300 also and it rides good and level even when loaded. Just wish I could find someone to load it sometimes as the old back doesn't want to participate on occasion.

/ Kubota RTV 500 Leans to the left #7  
Have you checked the air pressure in the tires? I think this was the problem with the tractor you mentioned.

No, it's definitely not the tires. They're fine, it's just the whole vehicle just lists to the left. I haven't been back to the farm for a bit to work on the shocks as suggested above but I'm going to try that next.