Question for Gator and RTV owners

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
What percentage discount is considered "normal" or "good" when comparing prices from the build your own to what the dealer sells them for when it comes to the Gator xuv and Kubota RTV? I just wanted to know how much to expect off compared to the price shown on the build your own website. I know when tractor shopping it's generally said that 10-15% is normal and 20% is a great deal. Didn't know if the same held true with the Gator and RTV or if the price online was pretty accurate.

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #2  
Sorry, if I don't answer your question directly. I have been told you always get a better deal by buying off the lot. I was taught the tactic of making an offer and then getting up to leave when it is rejected. I had a Toyota salesman once go berserk on me when I did this buying my Moms car! We got it at our price.

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners
Sorry, if I don't answer your question directly. I have been told you always get a better deal by buying off the lot. I was taught the tactic of making an offer and then getting up to leave when it is rejected. I had a Toyota salesman once go berserk on me when I did this buying my Moms car! We got it at our price.
No that helps a lot, thanks! I did just that when buying my F150 a few months ago except I did it through email. I shot him a lowball offer (still reasonable but he wasn't going to get rich off me) and I'll be dang he took it! Especially when I told him I'd buy that day if he said yes to my offer. Maybe I can talk them into accessories at cost or something if I can't get a lot off the unit.

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #4  
I bought my Mule back around 01 or 02 from a dealer that was also a customer. It had been a demo, and then spent a few months on some race circuit pulling tool boxes around. A few scratches, but I think I got a good deal.

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #5  
Check for Demo models, it's Fair time all over the South & they'll discount the unit's big time, got my 550 Gator at a great price last fall.

Ronnie

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #6  
Actually, I never found that dealers discounted their demos much. I think in my case, the dealer might have got some money, for the machine going out on that race circuit.

So, unless they made some money already on that machine, they arn't going to drop their price much. That's the way I see it anyways. And it's not so much like model/year on cars where they want to get rid of last years models at all cost.

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #7  
Had a real difficult time in my area because there simply wasn't much Gator or Kubota inventory to haggle over... almost none.

It was a little better with the mules and got the feeling money talks and there was a decent selection.

It's hard to negotiate with nothing on the lot.

That said we did find a nice one owner RTV900 and made the deal for 7k... that was a few months back and very pleased with it... around 500 hours on the clock.

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #8  
That's what i like about my local dealership/salesman, i'll tell him what i'll spend & wait for the phone call. I've been dealing with them since 1994, 95 GT242, 07 5303(demo) 2014 920M(overstocked) 2015 550(60hours), they've met my price on all which was way lower than any i'd researched.
I agree with ultrarunner, huge inventory & conglomerate dealer are a huge plus along with great part's & service department.

Ronnie

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #9  
Around here they have virtually no inventory so there's not a ton of wheeling and dealing to be had. When I bought my Gator 825i I think I got $750 off and a poly roof thrown in at no charge. It was the only 825i they had, I recently considered buying a new 825i with power steering and they also only had one of them.....I decided to keep my money since my 825i still has low hours and is in great condition. I just need to get ambitious and put power steering in it one of these days.:laughing:

/ Question for Gator and RTV owners #10  
The Gator and RTV have both been around long enough there are a lot of used ones for sale.

Ultrarunner got a lot of value for his dollar spent. I bought a used RTV900 with 180 hrs for $5500. Just requires patience and ready cash.

After a month or so of beating around and hauling whatever you choose in a new machine it very quickly becomes a used machine. Plus you get the added bonus of a payment book. :)