Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review?

/ Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review? #1  

DEK

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 641, Kubota L3200 HST, Kubota RTV X1120D
I am considering buying a 2013 Kubota RTV X1120D with under 50 hours. It is camo and has glass windshield, wiper, atv tires, sprayed bed liner, and canopy. What would be a good price?

Does anyone know anything about this model? Pros or Cons? How much money for 50 hr service? Things to look closely at? Recommendations?

Thanks.

/ Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review? #2  
I love mine. It's used every day on a vegetable farm and has held up well after 130 hours or so. It sips fuel and that's my favorite aspect. Not particularly fast, but will get up to 28/29 if you have a few hundred yards of straightaway. going around the 20 to 21 mph range at top speed will be the norm. I do use it during hunting season and it has performed really well, but I am not asking of it something it's not designed for. It resembles a small tractor much more than a regular UTV. It weighs around 800lbs more than the comparable polaris and it doesn't have the engine or transmission to spin the tires in mud, so I don't go charging into places I feel I can't make it out. It will go through shallow creeks, etc, but not go into a huge youtube worthy mudhole and expect to come out. Ultimately it was designed and built for work in mind, and th

The real value in the kubota rtv-x is the fuel savings, the assurance that when you turn the key the thing will run, the assurance that you are buying a 15 year machine, at least, with maintenance, your buying a machine with "house made" components (ie a bulletproof kubota brand diesel engine, kubota brand hydrostatic transmission, both of which have been used in many applications OTHER than UTV's and are proven reliable, something no other company can claim) and it's a **** comfortable machine to ride in. You'll be able to go faster, go through more mud, and have more "fun" in competing UTV's. If your salesman at your local kubota place are honest they'll tell you the same thing, I know mine did: that if you aren't buying the machine to work and just for "play" your going to be really disappointed when you start measuring sticks with their buddies with polaris's, etc. But for what it's designed for you can't beat it.

Check the coolant level. If it's low then there may be a loose hose clamp somewhere from the radiator back to the thermostat on the engine. That's the only issue I had with mine (disappearing coolant) and it took my local dealer about an hour to figure it out.

50 hour service is a breeze. Just an engine oil change and change 3 filters (one for the engine, two for the hydraulics). Hardest part is bolting the skid plate back on (have a way to jack the plate up for easier bolting on).

/ Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review?
dirkdaddy,
Thanks for the reply. It was very thorough and informative. Another person told me many of the same things about the RTV (sips fuel, very comfortable, not speedy, etc.), all things that are just fine with me.

Thanks for the heads up about checking the clamps on the cooling system.

I can do the oil change and filter changes. I imagine I'll have to add some Kubota SUDT2 transmission oil for the amount lost with the filter changes.

Can you follow up and give me your opinion on a good price?

/ Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review? #4  
It'll be hard to find someone that can tell you a good price. Too many variables. A good price is what you are willing to pay.

I'm on the low end of the scale. Bought an '08 with 180hrs a year ago for $5500.

What are you willing to pay?

/ Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review? #5  
I bought a new 1120 in June of '14. I am not 100% sure, but at the time of my purchase, I believe Kubota was the only diesel powered UTV made with an HST tranny which was what I wanted. The pros: the ride is great and it has an adjustable suspension; sips fuel; hydraulic power steering and bed raising; engine has good low end torque for pulling and hauling; good ground clearance; appeared to be heavier built than the JD and Polaris competing models. The cons: top speed of 28 - 29 MPH; bed a little short. Overall I am well pleased and would buy it again. I did my 50 hour service which is pretty easy and I spent a little over $100 for filters and fluids. As for what you should pay for the used one you are looking at is hard to say, but if it is like new, I would say 11 - 12K. If you can get it for less than 11K, don't wait. Richard got a fantastic deal on the used '08 for $5500.

Last edited:
   / Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review?
Ovrszd,

You got a great deal on the 08. If it was mechanically and cosmetically sound, you hit the jackpot IMO. I have been watching prices on other RTVs, and it seems like you did very well.

Coolnature,

After seeing the prices of other RTVs, I think your thought on the price is pretty accurate. Most of them are asking $12K+. Hours and mileage on those vary. I think some of them may be or have been sold for around $11K. So I am thinking under $11K would be a good price. Thanks for the performance, comfort, and service report.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to post your replies.

/ Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review? #7  
In terms of pricing, I paid around $14,800 for mine with windshield and plastic roof added on. Brand new, 1 hour on it. And it was financed through Kubota. Seems like your only going to save a couple of grand going used, if that, and I'd say that's fair. A machine of this type with less than 50 hours is essentially brand new and you at least have the assurance that the seller hasn't messed with any maintenance himself (in theory). Buying brand new will give you the base kubota one year bumper-to-bumper warranty to figure out any little kinks and have kubota foot the bill, such as loose radiator clamps. So that's something to consider when weighing buying used vs new. There is not a single component that isn't covered by Kubota's warranty.

/ Kubota RTV X1120D Price/Review? #8  
I don't think you will find a large depreciation on a 50 hour machine if it is still in showroom condition. A couple thousand off new cost would be about what I would think normal. Anything more would be bargain.