Reverse light?

/ Reverse light? #1  
got a RTV 500 and was thinking about putting some type of reverse light on it. Was looking at some of those small light bars. is there any type of switch that can be installed so when i put it in reverse it can hit the switch and turn the light on?

/ Reverse light? #2  
I used 3/4" pipe for my bracket, strobes and a Tractor Supply light with a separate switch.
JW5875

Attachments

• IMG_5130.jpg
    IMG_5130.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 159
  • P1230002.JPG
    P1230002.JPG
    394.1 KB · Views: 184
  • P1230001.JPG
    P1230001.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 172
  • P1050022.JPG
    P1050022.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 145
   / Reverse light? #3  
got a RTV 500 and was thinking about putting some type of reverse light on it. Was looking at some of those small light bars. is there any type of switch that can be installed so when i put it in reverse it can hit the switch and turn the light on?

Does yours have a reverse indicator lamp on the handlebars/instrument cluster? When I put b/u lights in my 90s vintage Polaris Trail Boss I just wired them to that indicator. I used a pair of cheap LED "driving lights" from Walmart, figured they didn't draw much current so it wouldn't place too much of a load on the circuit. Not real bright, but good enough for what I need them for. Just mounted them to the underside of the rear rack.

/ Reverse light?
no it doesnt have an indicator for reverse light on dash. trying to find a switch to mount on shifter so when go to reverse turn them on. thanks for reply

/ Reverse light? #5  
The type of switch you're loking for is referred to as a "microswitch." There are a number of variations. Look here for examples: McMaster-Carr

The challenge is in finding a place to mount and setting up the actuating linkage. When I did the back-up lights on our Gator, I took the easy, but more costly approach, of purchasing the Deere back-up alarm kit and then wiring the back-up LED floodlight I purchased in place of the alarm module. Maybe such a device is available as an accessory for your machine?

/ Reverse light?
i will check into that. thanks for the help. hadnt even thought about reverse kit, i'm sure they got it because i see them at work all the time beeping.

/ Reverse light? #7  
Kubota uses a switch on the linkage on the transmission for the backup beeper kit, I found the kist at http://kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx (putting RTV500 in for model, then looking at the "Local options" list)
You would need:
Switch: Kubota: SWITCH, SAFETY(#, Part # K2561-6225
Bracket 1: Kubota: STAY BACKUP BEEP, Part # K7311-96412
Bracket 2: Kubota: ARM BACKUP BEEPE, Part # K7311-96432
Should be $36ish plus shipping from them
The whole backup beeper kit is $135ish: Kubota Wholegoods: Backup Beeper (RTV5), Part # V4332
Personally, I would run it on a 2 position, DPDT switch, then you can choose to have it on with the headlights or on when you put it in reverse.

I used 3/4" pipe for my bracket, strobes and a Tractor Supply light with a separate switch.
JW5875
Out of curiosity, what brand cab do you have on your RTV?

Aaron Z

/ Reverse light? #8  
Out of curiosity, what brand cab do you have on your RTV?

Purchased from: USA UTV Accessories has lexan windshield, solid so you must remove it to get under hood.
Others have 2 piece wind shield, nice for hot climates. Over all, I really don't need to get under hood very often
and satisfied with it, have 5+ years with velcro adhesive one minor problem.
Kit came with extra velcro, lost onE screw / knob for windshield ---------------
Called them and they shipped replacement for FREE

JW5875

/ Reverse light?
dont know if you are just looking for diff cabs or not but here is what i got.

i've got the curtis hard cab for mine, was bought when new from dealer. it has the 2 piece windshield you fold up for 3 inch gap to let air in during the summer. two clips undone and you can get under the hood. just bolts on, no velcro all hardware.