RTVX-1100C Stolen

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #1  

JESSE1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 6400
I got a rude awakening this morning. I went out to feed the cows and discovered someone had broken into my shop and stolen my '14 RTVX-1100C. Only had 500 hours on it. Also took my Milwaukee cordless drill and grease gun. They drove it down through the pasture, cut the fence on my hay meadow and circled back around to the road. Sheriff dept. is investigating. It's financed and covered by insurance but having someone come on your property and steal your possessions really makes you mad.

Attachments

• IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    531.3 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    613 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1776.JPG
    IMG_1776.JPG
    577 KB · Views: 517
   / RTVX-1100C Stolen #2  
Sorry to hear about the theft. I hate thieves. May be time to get some cameras and a DVR. Also motion detect spotlights for night time. They have been a great theft deterrent for me.

Someone broke into my garage about 12 years ago while I was at work. The person was selective on the tools he took and this person I suspected had borrowed the exact same tools a few times from me in the past. I knew who did it but had no proof. Soon after I installed cameras and a DVR and luckily haven't had problems since. I mentioned to this person about the theft without accusing him (I was hoping he'd say he borrowed them without asking) but that didn't happen. I could see the guilt on his face. I pointed out some of the cameras and told him the next person that steals from me will spend some time in jail once the police get the video. He never asked or borrowed tools again.
Thieves aren't dumb. When I'd get home from work I'd scan through the video each day. There were many times I saw a vehicle pull in the driveway and someone got out and went to the door to see if anyone was home. A few seconds later the driver got out and said something to his partner while pointing at one of the cameras. The partner ran back to the car and they took off.

At least you have insurance.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #3  
I fail to see how cameras would have stopped anything unless they happened to be a deterant. But wearing something over your face and covering your plate, makes cameras worthless. Alarming buildings with powerful exterior sirens makes more sense. Prevent the crime from ever happening or being carried through.

Sorry for your grief.

Under investigation. Yeah, right! Not in this country, anyway.

Someone just got a nice toy with no payments. Not bad for half an hours work.

Most victims tend to find even more stuff missing as time goes by.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #4  
I fail to see how cameras would have stopped anything unless they happened to be a deterant. But wearing something over your face and covering your plate, makes cameras worthless. Alarming buildings with powerful exterior sirens makes more sense. Prevent the crime from ever happening or being carried through.

Sorry for your grief.

Under investigation. Yeah, right! Not in this country, anyway.

Someone just got a nice toy with no payments. Not bad for half an hours work.

Most victims tend to find even more stuff missing as time goes by.

Most thieves don't cover their faces or plates when casing a job but cameras have been a very good deterrent at my place. Once they see them they leave. My system notifies my smart phone with direct video so I can call the police if the theft is in progress. It also has an audible panic alarm I can remotely activate or automatically goes off if they get inside.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #5  
I don't have any electronic protection but like the idea of the siren. :)

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen
My shop is only about 150 feet from the house. I have five security lights around the shop. I guess all they did was give them plenty of light to steal my stuff.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #7  
There was a New Holland Dealership near here. They had enough light in the yard to easily read a News paper and a crap load of cameras. Thieves just cut a fence and dragged snowmobiles in front of the cameras. They were not the least bit deterred. Even if you can identify the culprits, successfully prosecuting them is another matter entirely.

Cameras are excellent to augment a security force or for use by an employer against his employees. Or for investigation of SERIOUS crimes. Theft is not one of them unfortunately. Not around here anyway.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #8  
Yep, that's why the siren idea seems appealing. Would they continued to steal the RTV or snowmobiles with a siren going off?

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen #9  
now - a camera will not stop a theft - but i would sleep better with the off chance it caught something on video. justice would be served if it helps to track who did it.

/ RTVX-1100C Stolen
Had to wait a mandatory 30 days before insurance could settle. Decided this time to go the stealth route, I think I'm going to like it much better. The alloy wheels on the orange one were hard to keep clean so I had decided not to get them. The camo was an expensive option but they sell more camo to individuals than orange.

Attachments

• IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    675.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG