Best accessories for utv

/ Best accessories for utv #11  
I have the Mule FXT Pro and have a Superwinch Terra 4500 Amazon.com: Superwinch 114522 Terra 45 ATV & Utility Winch (45lbs/246kg Rating): Automotive and it will pull the Mule out of about anything. I also have chained the Mule to a tree to hold it in place to pull my Kubota MX5100 that was stuck in the mud out (With the 6' brushhog on) and it worked great. They also are fairly cheap and have a lifetime warranty. I never had one break but for the price it would give you a LOT of winch for the money.

Thanks for the info. That's the kind of strength I'm looking for. I use a 9500lb and a 9000lb on my Buggy and Jeep. I'm thinking I need at least a 4K on the RTV.

/ Best accessories for utv #12  
Your welcome. My buddies were all kidding me about putting a 4500lbs winch on that machine but all agreed it was a good idea when it pulled the tractor out. The amp draw is not bad on them so I couldn't see a reason to not put a decent sized one on that machine. I think the Mule weights about 1200lbs empty with fuel and gear so I figure if I stick it loaded I may easily have a 2000lbs machine stuck so 4500lbs of winch does not really seem that big anymore.

/ Best accessories for utv #13  
Your welcome. My buddies were all kidding me about putting a 4500lbs winch on that machine but all agreed it was a good idea when it pulled the tractor out. The amp draw is not bad on them so I couldn't see a reason to not put a decent sized one on that machine. I think the Mule weights about 1200lbs empty with fuel and gear so I figure if I stick it loaded I may easily have a 2000lbs machine stuck so 4500lbs of winch does not really seem that big anymore.

My RTV weighs a ton empty. Having a winch double the weight of the vehicle is sort of a standard. I think yours proved itself.

I burned up my first Warn 2500lb winch on the Rhino by anchoring myself to a tree and pulling my Son's stuck Jeep. Warn replaced it free.

/ Best accessories for utv #14  
I bought a single seat 610 4x4 Mule a little over a year ago. I built a brush guard out of square tubing, an easily removable rear seat, a 11ga steel top, installed a store-bought two piece windshield and rear-view mirrors and added a receiver hitch. The dump bed has open 1"+ "posts" at each corner. I used these to anchor the rear seat and I use the two rear posts as sockets for two up-rights I made from 1" box tubing with a short piece of pipe welded to the top as supports for a cross-bar on which I put rolls of barb wire for stringing the wire. I am really happy with the metal dump bed and glad I did not buy a model with a plastic bed.
Lately, I have been using the Mule to pull my welding trailer to job sites on the ranch.
One of my better purchases.
Edit: I almost forgot, I also built a 2x6 frame to hold two 30 gallon plastic drums that I use with a 12v sprayer to spray fence lines and cactus.

/ Best accessories for utv #15  
Trailer, same width as your UTV. if you can, have a dump, removable ends for long stuff, and flat bed-able,

Bruce

/ Best accessories for utv #16  
I agree Ovrszd - I figure double the weight at a minimum, mud can create one heck of a lot of suction. I also carry at least 1 sometimes 2 snatch blocks to give me an extra advantage when needed.

/ Best accessories for utv #17  
I got a Mule Pro FXT last year. The first thing I did was use treated plywood to enclose the area under the front seat to create a storage area. In there I've put a cheap tool box from Harbor Freight, 12V air compressor, tow rope, toilet paper in a ziplock bag (sounds stupid but sometimes can be a life saver), and a first aid kit. I also added mounts to hang a machete and a hedge lopper behind the rear seat, I'm always running across something that needs cutting or trimming when driving the property

The most recent addition was a top to protect against rain and sun, and I decided I wanted interior lights.
mule interior lights2.JPG

For the lights I ordered a rocker switch from Amazon that closely matched the existing switches. I also ordered a roll of waterproof 12V LED tape lights and connectors . You can solder directly to the tape lights but these connectors are easier to use. These connectors in the link are actually splicers with connectors on each side, I cut the wire and use both ends. The adhesive on the back of these tape lights suck and will not hold. Here I put contact cement on the back to mount it, another option is good double sided tape. I positioned the tape lights so it will not shine into the eyes of those seated in the Mule, just shines down. This was a cheap addition, they put out a lot of light and I really like it. If one doesn't want to put a top on these could even be mounted under a roll bar.

I really like the versatility of these tape lights, cut to length and put in place. I've used them to replace the fluorescent innards of several trashed Thin-Lites in an RV, hidden lighting in a China Cabinet (with a transformer) and lighting in kitchen cabinets (again with a transformer).

On my to do list is a winch and a windshield.

/ Best accessories for utv #18  
I've got a 2500 Warn on my Rhino. Haven't put one on my RTV yet. Thinking maybe 4000lb?? What size is your winch and have you used it on a BAD stuck yet??

Just got this one on. I put the Warn #4500 provantage synthetic on. Not a fan of synthetic but we'll see. I did test it out by hooking up to the Kubota and locked up all the brakes and the winch pulled the sxs with ease. I'm going to get a snow plow for it, so the winch will get plenty of use.

Had a pioneer 700 which had a #4000 and it could pull me out and other sxs's but struggled a bit. I would recommend nothing smaller the #4500 on a sxs.

/ Best accessories for utv #19  
Just got this one on. I put the Warn #4500 provantage synthetic on. Not a fan of synthetic but we'll see. I did test it out by hooking up to the Kubota and locked up all the brakes and the winch pulled the sxs with ease. I'm going to get a snow plow for it, so the winch will get plenty of use.

Had a pioneer 700 which had a #4000 and it could pull me out and other sxs's but struggled a bit. I would recommend nothing smaller the #4500 on a sxs.

Yeah, I think you are right.

I've had both, rope/cable. I like rope best for handling, no metal in your hands, easy to freespool. I like cable best for durability, don't have to worry about what it drags across when in use.

/ Best accessories for utv #20  
Tire repair kit with c02 canister inflater....it can be a huge life saver on the trail.