Best accessories for utv

/ Best accessories for utv #1  

borisvonf

Tractor
Jd 5500 mfwd. Kawasaki mule sx 4x4 JD5103 with 521 loader
Hello all.
I just became the proud owner of a Kawasaki mule sx 4x4. This model replaces the mule 610 and has same 400 cc motor. It is a 2 seater with bench seats and a dump bed. So far just have a roof and 2 inch trailer hitch receiver.

I have enjoyed TBN discussions of favorite mods/accessories/implement for tractors but wanted to hear what folks have added to their utv that was more than worth the money or time spent.

Mine will be used for building and maintaining fences, kids joy riding, hunting, spraying fence lines, feeding stock, working garden, etc. The new toy replaces a lifted golf cart that has been beat to death with my hilly, rocky, red clay farm.

Appreciate any input.

First addition was a come along in the hood storage box as I high centered it on first ride with my wife.

/ Best accessories for utv #2  
LED lights bar from Amazon and a set of LED backup lights - have under $75 in both with switches and both are super handy!

/ Best accessories for utv #3  
2nd the lights, factory headlights are "blah" I spent $400 on the front bumper lights & want to add low riding light bar to the roof next.
We love riding around the farm at night & through the woods, neat seeing a variety of wildlife.

Ronnie

/ Best accessories for utv #5  
You already have them ---------------- Wife / Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JW 5875

/ Best accessories for utv #6  
2nd the windshield as well. If you're stringing barb wire, they make a spooler to fit the hitch which is handy un- winding the wire.

/ Best accessories for utv #7  
A winch if it didn't come with one. You can't man handle these things like an ATV.

IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0107.JPG

Where is your pic?

/ Best accessories for utv #8  
A winch if it didn't come with one. You can't man handle these things like an ATV.

Where is your pic?

I've got a 2500 Warn on my Rhino. Haven't put one on my RTV yet. Thinking maybe 4000lb?? What size is your winch and have you used it on a BAD stuck yet??

/ Best accessories for utv #9  
Congrats on the Mule. It's a great machine. I have a 4010, and it's used every day. Do you have the hydraulic lift for your dump bed? That's proven to be well worth the money and time to install it. I've found that the factory headlights are fine for my use. A 2 inch ball for towing is very handy.

A few years ago I bought a soft plastic windshield for something like $40 for it that has worked good. Not quite a perfect fit, and the plastic is hard to keep clean. Even when it's clean, it's not the best for looking through, but you can still see through it just fine today. We roll it up and zip tie it to the roll bar for most of the year and only zip it back into place when it gets cold out. The biggest difference that it makes is driving in the rain.

I'm real close to buying a solid lexan type windshield for it next. I think this is the last year for the soft plastic one. I thought about going with another soft plastic one, but would really like to have something that can be cleaned so you can see clearly through it. Best price that I've found so far on the windshield is at The Home Depot

I'm also going to need new front tires. The factory ones are about wore out. Not sure if I'll replace all of them, or just the front ones.

/ Best accessories for utv #10  
I have the Mule FXT Pro and have a Superwinch Terra 4500 Amazon.com: Superwinch 114522 Terra 45 ATV & Utility Winch (45lbs/246kg Rating): Automotive and it will pull the Mule out of about anything. I also have chained the Mule to a tree to hold it in place to pull my Kubota MX5100 that was stuck in the mud out (With the 6' brushhog on) and it worked great. They also are fairly cheap and have a lifetime warranty. I never had one break but for the price it would give you a LOT of winch for the money.