Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit #1  

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
I stated on a previous forum that i was thinking of purchasing a Kioti Mechron UTV. However after going to the dealer and running one, it was way too noisy for what i plan on wanting a utv for,.... Man was it noisy.

I went around and looked at every brand of UTV out there including those Chinese brands. I decided on the Kawasaki Mule after testing all other brands. The Kawasaki won out because its SO QUIET and had the largest Steel work bed. This thing has a 2 cylinder liquid cooled engine and just hums. alot of the other units i ran were real noisy. when working around horses quiet is always better.

I took it on the trails thru my snow covered woods and only got slightly stuck once. i backed down the hill and tried a second run and went up without any issue. Man this thing is powerful and runs nice.

I don't hunt anymore, so i didn't need one set up for off road. This one did have a canopy and removable windscreen plus a winch and plow. I really don't need the plow, but the winch will come in handy. The only issue my wife had was the effort needed to tip the bed when it was loaded down with wet horse manure. i didn't have too much trouble, but it was too heavy for her.

After looking online i decided the easiest thing would to be to add the Kawasaki electric over hydraulic bed lift kit. It was kind of spendy, but since i found this very low hour and well cared for unit at about half the price of a new one, what the heck. It took about 1-1/2 hours to install.

It takes about 20 seconds to cycle under full load, so its not real fast. But cant beat just pushing a button.

Heres a few pics of lift install if anyone else is wondering about these lifts.

mule.jpg Heres the cart. Was real clean when i went to look at it, boy its dirty now. wet snow and dirt mixed. Body is clean. Engine taken care of by mechanic. Very low hours.

lift kit 1.jpg This is the kit. i got it thru amizon

IMG_20170220_132941629.jpg Theres alot of parts to this thing. The club car its replacing was empty compared to this

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit
top plate.jpg This is the top plate mounted. 4 bolts.

where it will mount.jpg Where it will mount

mount bracket.jpg This is the bolting assembly prior to install

bracket mounted.jpg This is the bottom plate. easily mounted with 4 u bolts

ram 1.jpg This is the ram installed

bed lifted.jpg All done. The electrical was real easy. they gave relays with rack mount plates. the floorboard is removable and Kawasaki already had a harness under the dash to power up the switch. The battery has screw ports to add the circuits. It came with dash switch. Was a breeze to install.

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit #3  
I have (as I recall) a 2510 Mule. Quite pleased with it, use it much more than my ATV. You will like yours.

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit #4  
Thanks for posting the photos. We don't use UTV beds in a way that necessitates a lift system. Nonetheless, its fun to see how your system attaches and works.

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit #5  
I have a Mule 4000 with the same size bed. No lift, just manual and heavy, but can just unload anything with a rake.

I consider the Mule one of my better buys and wish I had bought it sooner.

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit #6  
Nice set up

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit #7  
I hope you did OK. I would never buy a truck that had been used for plowing and certainly not a UTV unless it was hydro.

I too installed the lift on my 2510. Kind of a fun job when everything is engineered and all the parts are included.

But it won't lift squat. Not a good load of elm firewood, and that's not piled high and tied down, as there is only so much you can pile on before you start loosing pieces.

How is your for lifting capacity?

/ Bought a used Kawasaki Mule 4010 and added a bed lift kit
I filled entire box with wet manure, and it dumped fine. I checked entire frame for damage. Theres none. Unit starts and runs great. Compression test perfect. Oil is clean. He had all maint records. Unit is a gem. I ran it thru my woods which were covered in snow before i blew out a path. Never got stuck. Im real impressed with this machine