RTV 1140

/ RTV 1140 #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
I really like the 2 to 4 seat concept of the Kubota RTV 1140....also, the extended bed (when configured to 2 seats).
Anyone got one? Good points? Bad points?
What kind of prices have you guys seen?

/ RTV 1140 #2  
I have one, and love it. Bought the 900 first and realized it was too small for our needs. So, traded it in on the 1140. I'll be honest, I've never put it to two seat mode. It is more of a farm taxi, and we need seating, not bed capacity. These do not turn on a dime, so don't think it is an atv. I paid right at 15 k.

/ RTV 1140
I have one, and love it. Bought the 900 first and realized it was too small for our needs. So, traded it in on the 1140. I'll be honest, I've never put it to two seat mode. It is more of a farm taxi, and we need seating, not bed capacity. These do not turn on a dime, so don't think it is an atv. I paid right at 15 k.

Thank you! I didn't expect a machine with the wheelbase of the RTV 1140 to be too maneuverable (like an ATV)...my Gator isn't either. But I'm not a trail runner, so that's not necessary

/ RTV 1140 #4  
We have one as well. It's an 09 -- the old style -- which we bought used a few years ago. It has been great. We safely haul people, materials, small trailers, and plow snow with it. We have an original tractor cab enclosure that we use in the winter which is great. We also had the bed and bumper sprayed with line-X.

The new X series look to be a nice upgrade, but don't be afraid of a used original model.

Here is a video of the OEM Curtis plow we modified to be fully hydraulic:
Kubota RTV Curtis Plow V4208 4-Way Hydraulic Conversion - YouTube

And a video of some other enhancements shortly after we bought it: Kubota RTV 1140 Roof/Windsheild/Mirror Installation - YouTube

/ RTV 1140 #5  
Don't have an 1140 but a 1100 2009 vintage and has been a great machine..Aside from the option differences, I think you'll love it..Guessing someone will chime in how Kubotas suck, but ---

/ RTV 1140 #6  
I would not buy a used model. I have one that works fine at my ranch since I'm not traveling really long distances. The problem with the older ones is that the radiator gets easily clogged with dust from the front tire causing overheating issues. I'm quite sure this is why the new ones have the radiator on the front of the machine. I have to blow my radiator off regularly to avoid the overheating. I would be afraid to drive my RTV a really long distance.

/ RTV 1140 #7  
Don't have an 1140 but a 1100 2009 vintage and has been a great machine..Aside from the option differences, I think you'll love it..Guessing someone will chime in how Kubotas suck, but ---

Yes there are Kubotas that suck

Attachments

• Kubotavac2.jpg
    Kubotavac2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 173
   / RTV 1140 #8  
I've bought more than 20 Kubotas in the past 13 years. Still have some of them. Tried some and then traded for a different one. Bought an RTV1140 about 6 years ago to have something to share with my 6 year old twin Grands. They started driving it then and they now have a 5, almost six year old brother who now demands his turn. It's the one Kubota I've never traded or seriously considered trading. My wife, me and the three Grands love the RTV1140 and have had no issues once shifting after depressing the brake with a blip on the foot pedal with pressure on the shift knob lets it slide into gear. Some of the bolt/screw heads have rusted but I don't keep it covered like my tractors. I goes all year round but for sure isn't a speedster, it's a fun workhorse. I bought some mountain land behind my house with logging trails and was considering buying another Kubota RTV very seriously and still may.
I drive mine across a major state hwy to a secondary state hwy to get me to the gas station where I fill the RTV with diesel and the additional cans for the tractors.It will do 27mph down a slight hill paved road but slows down on the upgrade.
GREAT MACHINE?WORKHORSE.