Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
Looking for a Mechron diesel UTV, and my dealer has two, 2016 leftovers, both for $12,100, down from $14,xxx. They're both floor model leftovers, one has a canopy, and one has worksite tires, the other has AG type.

Wondering what anyone thinks about the price and quality; have prior issues with the CVT transmission and any other earlier year bugs been worked out, or are there any major issues with them?

I'm not knowledgeable about UTV's by any means, but have been reading up on them recently.
I read and see videos about engine braking, CVT sheave/clutch issues and various other things I'm curious about.
The Mechron would be big step up for me from a Suzuki King Quad 450 ATV, with tow behind 2 wheel wagon.
I don't need an all the bells and whistles with huge price tag UTV, just something to haul bed sized loads, pull a 'flex axles' trailer on the rear receiver, and maybe do plowing? Not even sure it will take a plow? And possibly a rear receiver sander?

Think I will keep the ATV and do private sale later.

Like my dealer; he's close by, has sold me 2 Kioti tractors, is product knowledgeable, and has been in business forever, but is small town and friendly, all good things.

Would look around at other brands, possibly Yami and Kawi, but not Deere or Kubota. This is just personal preference, price and brand consciousness and loyalty. NOT slamming the brands I don't want to look at/buy, just expressing my preferences.

Any thoughts, feedback from current owners, other potential current buyers, are much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

CM

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #2  
Depends on what the usage will be. I investigated long and hard on my 2016 UTV purchase and drove what was available locally. Besides a work type UTV, I also wanted to be able to play with it. Playing dropped diesel from the list and also the work specific type UTVs as they did not have the acceleration I wanted. For me, it came down to Kawasaki Mule Pro FX EPS for work specific or a Polaris 900 XP with PS for more play related. Kawasaki had an outstanding warranty (3 years) and well built body. I seem to recall a lot of steel in the build and a great bed. The Polaris has a terrible warranty (6 months), was more expensive with my options (auto glass F/R, steel roof and 4500# winch) and a plastic body and bed. The Polaris won out due to aftermarket accessories as I found little for the Kawasaki. I do not have many hours on the Polaris yet but its power, handling, ride and ability to go anywhere I want it to is satisfying. Only thing I do not like is the gear selector (have to hunt a bit for reverse) and the engagement after shifting gear positions is a bit abrupt initially.

Pulled out an anemic Toyota Tacoma stuck in the sand, stretched new fence install, among other things and just added a Big Sky BSR-2 rifle rack to the ROPS:

_EM51237.JPG_EM51362.JPG_EM51363.JPG _EM51770.JPG_EM51771.JPG_EM51640.JPG_EM51723.JPG

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy...
Too late. I bought one earlier today. Actually wife bought it for me as a birthday present! Best wife EVER!:thumbsup::D:cool2:

Got the red colored one, with worksite tires and canopy and back rack. Am adding bed rails, and headrests; everything else will be considered as I begin using it.
It should arrive shortly- same day delivery by my local dealer!:thumbsup:

BTW, it will do 25MPH, which is plenty fast for me for work use. I don't have any need to 'play' with it. It is a utility vehicle for work around my properties.

I may now be able to get some good use out of my dual articulating (?) axle ATV/UTV trailer with manual operation dump bed. It has 4 fairly large turf like tyres.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #5  
I have been considering a trailer like you mentioned. Any purchase or use tips? There are lots of different models available and I have to wonder under what circumstances they may be better than a "regular" trailer with flotation type tires. I would think really rough ground maybe, going over logs, etc.

/ Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #6  
Lets see some pics!

I have been considering a trailer like you mentioned. Any purchase or use tips? There are lots of different models available and I have to wonder under what circumstances they may be better than a "regular" trailer with flotation type tires. I would think really rough ground maybe, going over logs, etc.

I bought the trailer to use with my then Suzuki KingQuad 450cc ATV. The trailer is too big for the Suzuki to haul around so I shelved it until now having the 3 cyl diesel Kioti Mechron, power is no issue!
it's really too heavy for it's engine displacement.
So I 'shelved' it. I had planned to use it to 'build' a trail around my properties perimeter, but have not gotten to it yet, because of what I just said above.
NOW I can go in the woods as needed no sweat, and the floating dual axles would work exactly as intended to get me there and haul stuff in/out along the way. The big flotation type tires should do what I need them to do - that is what this trailer was designed for, in theory, to haul stuff over logs, rocks, mounds etc. without suffering the drawbacks of 'normal' fixed axle trailers.
I'll have to look-up where I got it from, but it was after doing i-net research. It has a metal frame, side rails and a hydraulic jack, which is manually operated to lift the bed for dumping, as needed. This part I see as the potential PITA/weak link, since it is operated by a long metal rod which reaches the hydraulic jack to allow for a pumping motion of the jack's mechanism. I've never used the dump feature to date, except to install the jack, etc. when I initially assembled the entire trailer.
Currently, while getting used to the Kioti I am towing the trailer as a tool carrier for things like my Echo PowerBroom, shovels, rakes, etc.
Soon I will be coating the trailer bed, ( PT 2x6' Spruce boards) and the metal edge of the frame with Herculiner roll-on bed liner, right after applying it to the Kioti's bed and side rails.
Here is the company and brand I bought my trailer from: ATV Trailer Tandem Axle Super Heavy Duty , For Rugged Use! 2500 lb. Capacity! SPECIAL SALE PRICE! $959.00 + SHIPPING
Here's a further link to their sidebar list of items they sell, AND a more detailed description of the various trailers, both bare and equipped:
Wagons & Trailers

I will say the trailer arrived with the side rails and other portions of the metal frame all scratched down to bare metal, and I brought it to the attention of the seller and we worked out a reasonable resolution. Like most shipped things today, the last gorilla to kick it around usually does the most damage, and NOBODY want to take responsibility. The shipper blames the seller and vise-versa, SOP!:confused3:
Let me know if you have any questions....

Lets see some pics!
Thanks, I hear you, been real busy; when I get some down time I'll try to get some posted. It's my weakest link on TBN- I hardly ever get to it....

Last edited:
   / Kioti Mechron 2200PS 2 buy or not 2 buy... #8  
... Here is the company and brand I bought my trailer from: ATV Trailer Tandem Axle Super Heavy Duty , For Rugged Use! 2500 lb. Capacity! SPECIAL SALE PRICE! $959.00 + SHIPPING

I will say the trailer arrived with the side rails and other portions of the metal frame all scratched down to bare metal, and I brought it to the attention of the seller and we worked out a reasonable resolution. Like most shipped things today, the last gorilla to kick it around usually does the most damage, and NOBODY want to take responsibility. The shipper blames the seller and vise-versa, SOP!:confused3:
Let me know if you have any questions....

Excellent write up. Thank you. I may get one after my shop is built- soon, I hope.

Excellent write up. Thank you. I may get one after my shop is built- soon, I hope.

Thanks, I try.
PM me if you want need more specific info. I would carefully look at what they offer. The product is good, BUT like anything make sure what you select best fits your specific set of needs. I chose the 1 ton with planks and side rails so I could have everything in kit form to assemble vs. running around getting/cutting lumber for planks, etc.
The wheels have needle roller bearings and zerks for greasing- another big selling point for me.

Cheers,

CM