KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
I just recently purchased a Kioti Mechron 2200PS, leftover 2016 model in Kioti orange.
I'm seeking comments from all who own one about their likes, dislikes, and any issues, thoughts for improvements etc. you all can come up with. ALSO, I'd like to know what any of you purchased with your rig; windshield, cab, headrests, etc.; did you find some cool accessory that will fit it too?
ALL feedback is appreciated!:thumbsup:
I will let you know my impressions too as I get more hours on it. I have another thread in this section about its initial purchase and some details about a tandem axle, (dual floating axle) ATV/UTV trailer I'm using with it, for those who might find it of interest or possible use for themself(s).
Looking forward to hearing from you all....

Thanks,

CM

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please....
Anybody home?!:eek:
Thought I'd find at least ONE Mechron user/owner who wants to contribute their experience(s).....

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #3  
I would have thought so also as I seem to recall a couple responded to your original thread. Will keep this thread alive a bit longer in case those Mechron folks are just busy at the moment. I know I do not check "my" forums all that often. A main reason I purchased a Polaris Ranger over a Kawasaki Mule FX... was availability of factory and after market accessories. I do accessorize...

As far as general, non specific OEM UTV accessories, I bought my Ranger 900XP with options of steel roof (strength), front/rear auto glass (no scratching of poly materials), 4500# winch (useful for so many things) and 24" fwd. LED light bar. In use I have discovered I also need and am in the process of/have installed: interior LED dome light, roof mounted LED bed light, 7" 36 watt roof mounted rear light bar, heavy rubber bed mat and ceiling/ROPS mounted dual long gun rack- just in case. Also replacing any rocker type plastic electrical switches with better quality SS push button models to lessen chance of accidentally turning them on.

A windshield wiper could be useful but I am not going to add it as the Polaris electric model is EXPENSIVE. And since I do not have doors, its use would be minimal. If you do a lot of driving in brushy areas, hard- half doors could be a worthwhile option. I am staying away from full doors, but we have gotten wacked in the face/head by small tree branches in the woods.

Oh, just added a bag of moth balls in the under seat storage/ECU area, along with wiring area under the hood as I discovered a mouse had been living there- fortunately caused no damage.

What brand/model is your winch? And, I'm a little confused, is it a dealer/MFG OEM part?
Can you show some pics of it, and or the various items you mentioned?
Thanks.
CM
Mechron owners must be out using their UTVs?!

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #5  
I can provide lots of photos. But just to be sure, you do realize this is for a Polaris Ranger and not a Kioti Mechron? The winch is a Polaris branded Warn that can be mounted on anything. But you would need a mount kit specifically for your UTV. All of the lights and switches I have added are general purpose items and not vehicle specific.

Whatever works for you. Not like I'm getting any feedback from Mechron users, and the winch could be useful to me or others since it is universal.
AND, though I haven't studied it yet, it seems Kioti does offer some accessories, but to what extent compared to more common brands like Polaris or Kawasaki, etc. I don't know.
So all knowledge is useful from my POV.:thumbsup:

Thanks,

CM

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #7  
Okie dokie. I was busy today at the range (my own private range :)) chronographing ammunition and will be back out there tomorrow. Sunday I can probably get you some pics, links, etc. for things I have done that have been/are useful to me and I would think would be useful to others who use their UTVs for things other than play. I do like to accessorize to make my life easier, as usually I am working major projects by myself and need the tools/accessories to make it all work for me.

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #8  
Just for reference, my UTV has low hours and 98% have been working hours and this is how my Ranger is outfitted. I viewed your Mechron on Kioti's web site and it looks like a sweet machine designed for working on hard surfaces and established trails per the tires that are on it. Kioti's basic options also are telling about how they feel their machine should be used.

I am in the south with mild winters and you are up north... so that will make a difference on accessories (cab). Plus the Mechron does not have a large after market parts base so this makes a difference also on what I will suggest. I may make a couple different posts instead of loading up everything in one, large post.

Attached are a couple pics of my Ranger for general comparison with yours. Note our ground clearances are similar per web sites but my tires have a deeper tread pattern (stock). Note the picture of the back of my ATV with synthetic rope attached. The other end of the rope is attached to the rear axle of a 2WD 2000 Toyota Tacoma truck stuck in the sand on a small decline in an area I am building up for a new shop to be built. The UTV pulled it right out. First tried using the UTV in open differential mode- one wheel drive and that tire spun. Then locked the rear axle (all electronic) and had wheel spin in the relatively soft soil I was sitting on. Then put it is AWD and pulled the truck out easily with no wheel spin.

_EM51210.JPG_EM51240.JPG

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #9  
Winches and pulling tow points: I have mounted winches on my vehicles for many years and have even used one on my Kioti DK45HST and on my trailers. I have never had to use them for self extraction but have used them for many other things, such as pulling out my stuck truck with the UTV, pulling out a friend's old Ford tractor that was mired in sandy loam mud nearly to the axles using my Jeep GC, righting an old storage shed so I could prop it up using 2 x 4s, at the 3PH on the tractor to help guide leaning trees I was cutting down to clear my property for a new home, to load a different old Ford tractor with flat tires and no motivation onto a U-haul trailer, using the UTV to stretch tight a new fence being built using 6' horse fence, and on and on. I will always have electric winches on my appropriate vehicles and trailers.

In general (opinions vary...), an electric vehicle winch should be rated to pull 1.5 times - 2 times the weight of whatever one may be pulling that has good, rolling tires on it. The higher the ratio the easier it is on the winch and vehicle battery. Examples: My Jeep GC loaded weighed ~ 5000 pounds and its winch was rated at 9500 pounds; nearly 2:1 and my sweet spot. My Ram 2500 diesel truck has an expected max winching weight of ~ 10,000 pounds and its winch is rated at 12000 pounds. Barely adequate should I have to self recover but it was the largest winch I could fit into the winch bumper I decided to use. However, I have several pulley snatch blocks with every winch I have that can be used to double the pulley power of the winch. Our local country fire dept. also has a 12k winch on their 1 ton, 4WD brush truck. But I think a 15k winch would be better for both vehicles.

For my Polaris UTV, I selected a Polaris branded, Warn 4500# rated winch. It was a factory option and I had the dealer install it. He was giving me 25% off any accessory, helmets, whatever with free installation. For self recovery my UTV should never weigh more than 3000 pounds so my 4500# winch would give me a 1.5: 1 ratio, which is ~ industry standard as I recall. Plus I also have a couple pulley blocks. There are many options for my Polaris but I was not able to find much for your Mechron. But Kioti does have a 3000# winch option. Personally I would want more- 4500#, but your problem is finding an after market winch mount. Most winches (UTV different than auto type) have standard bolt patterns but the vehicle mount would be the issue. Maybe you could purchase a Kioti winch mount and an after market winch? The winches basically come as a complete kit except for vehicle mount. One may have to add wiring from the winch to the battery as a worse case scenario. Most UTV winches are mounted behind the front bumper/brush guard.

Note I also welded a pair of of 4000# working load shackles up front to act as tow points, drag points or a place to attach the end of the winch rope back on itself if using a snatch block pulley to double the winches pulling power. Both shackles are welded to points with direct, steel attachment to the UTV frame area, so are strong. And one also needs a strong attachment point at the rear, which fortunately, you and I have with the 2" receiver. All of my winches have synthetic rope vs. steel wire rope as synthetic is much lighter and far safer than wire rope, but is more expensive and has less abrasion resistance.

_EM51334.JPG_EM51834.JPG

/ KIOTI Mechron users: Pros/Cons/Issues: chime in please.... #10  
Lighting: My tractor and UTV have auxillary LED work lights I added front and rear (in process of wiring the rear) and should be mandatory, I think. I also added a LED dome light for inside the cab and a LED bed light outside the cab. LEDs use much less power while providing greater light output and bulb reliability. Polaris had an incandescent dome light option I was not interested in and just added these instead: EZ LED Cargo Light Kit: Polaris Ranger Razor Crew Diesel, Yamaha Rhino, Can-Am Commander, Kawasaki Teryx Mule, Arctic Cat Prowler, Honda Big Red MUV Kioti does list a front working light option. But LED light assemblies are standard fare these days and can be purchased most places and installed.

_EM51824.JPG_EM51825.JPG_EM51826.JPG_EM51827.JPG_EM51831.JPG