How much UTV do you need?

/ How much UTV do you need? #1  

MutzFarm

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M62
We tried to decide for a long time on our small farm what would we get? Had a four wheeler atv that the carb would gum up every time we turned around and that was so annoying. One day a guy said I'll trade you my golf cart with new batteries and charger for your four wheeler. Well we spent $2k buying it and when we couldnt fix carb it was a shop bill. I said sure. Its been love ever since. We used this electric golf cart more in 3 months than we did that four wheeler in 3 years. It really needs some tlc now. The right rear passanger spring has actaully started to reverse arc from the abuse we put this thing through. Almost all the bushings are gone. Only thing we ever did to it was break off the roof, replace an occasional corroded wire, and charge it.

I will say it cost us about $2k. Still way cheaper than one of those $15,000 dollar new UTVs that I really want. Or even a good used one at $6k+. We have had this thing in ditches, mud, water over the floor board, etc. Never stops. When the it is time to replace it and that time is coming sooner than later I really think we will get another, but maybe with a lift kit.

/ How much UTV do you need? #2  
I ran a golf cart for yrs and bought a Kubota rtv 2 yrs ago. Best decision I've ever made for a piece of equipment. It is used every day

/ How much UTV do you need? #3  
In my area, a decent used golf cart runs $3000+. I bought a Rhino 660 with 184 hrs on it for $4800. Much more capable machine.

/ How much UTV do you need? #4  
Golf cart would be stuck all the time on my place...pretty much useless here...

Don't want carb problems? Quit using E fuel!!

SR

/ How much UTV do you need? #5  
Lmao that's a lot of feed on a golf cart, truck couldn't get back there?

I'm a fan of quads, I think there about as universal as it gets on utility, I could see where a UTV could be too big.

I can see where a golf cart would be handy for lighter jobs and travel.

But as far as gumming up a carb goes, that's why most quads have fuel shut offs when it's not in use, and after about the second time fooling with the carb you could have just bought a new one for not much money but that's in the past now.

So your in the market for a new golf cart or UTV? Or just showing off your cart?

I could use one of those carts you see a HS football coach driving around with the bed on the back, that's what I need lol.

/ How much UTV do you need? #6  
But as far as gumming up a carb goes, that's why most quads have fuel shut offs when it's not in use, and after about the second time fooling with the carb you could have just bought a new one for not much money but that's in the past now.
That's NOT a complete fix! I always shut the fuel off on my 4-wheeler and run it out of gas, over time E10 fuel STILL ate the rubber that's in the carb...twice!

I no longer put E fuel in it and all the carb problems have went away!

SR

/ How much UTV do you need?
I ran a golf cart for yrs and bought a Kubota rtv 2 yrs ago. Best decision I've ever made for a piece of equipment. It is used every day

I am thinking of patching this golf cart up for the kids and getting me and the wife an RTV.

In my area, a decent used golf cart runs $3000+. I bought a Rhino 660 with 184 hrs on it for $4800. Much more capable machine.

Can you get a rhino with a diesel motor?

Lmao that's a lot of feed on a golf cart, truck couldn't get back there?

I'm a fan of quads, I think there about as universal as it gets on utility, I could see where a UTV could be too big.

I can see where a golf cart would be handy for lighter jobs and travel.

So your in the market for a new golf cart or UTV? Or just showing off your cart?

I could use one of those carts you see a HS football coach driving around with the bed on the back, that's what I need lol.

It is a lot of feed. We have had more with me and my son on it.

We do take a pick up in there at times, but we was unloading the feed off a trailer this time and the tractor key was in the house so the golf cart was the next tool of choice.

I like quads they are fast!

In the market or showing off? BOTH....:D

That's NOT a complete fix! I always shut the fuel off on my 4-wheeler and run it out of gas, over time E10 fuel STILL ate the rubber that's in the carb...twice!

I no longer put E fuel in it and all the carb problems have went away!

SR

Agreed. Our was giving us problems. Fixing it every 3 weeks and then one time wasnt a week. Thats when I gave up.