RTV NEUTRAL SPRING ADJUSTMENT

/ RTV NEUTRAL SPRING ADJUSTMENT #1  

gsw911

Kubota recommends checking the VHT neutral spring every 100 hours. This spring determines the rate of deceleration when your foot is lifted from the speed control pedal. The attached diagram and procedure subjectively leaves it to the service person to determine the proper return rate. It seems from some of the posts on this forum that the speed reduction is way too fast...hence add on parts are installed like a coast valve which has no holding power on a hill and forces an operator to apply the brakes. My impression is Kubota want's the RTV to be as safe as possible, and they prefer the vehicle to stop as soon as possible. The spring is adjusted at the factory to the rate they feel is the safest possible rate of return.
As the deceleration gas piston wears and becomes weaker the speed control return rate speeds up which causes the RTV to decelerate faster. Increasing the length of the adjustment screw which loosens the spring tension slows the return rate, shortening the screw speeds the return rate. I make no recommendation for proper adjustment...... the user/reader has to determine the proper adjustment for themselves.

Attachments

• ADJUSTING VHT NEUTRAL SPRING.pdf
    116.4 KB · Views: 644
   / RTV NEUTRAL SPRING ADJUSTMENT #2  
Is the neutral spring adjustor under the cab somewhere or what? I'm not intimately familiar with the anatomy of my new (to me) RTV1100 yet, so the picture didn't immediately clue me in as to where that spring is located...and how to get at it.

/ RTV NEUTRAL SPRING ADJUSTMENT
Hey Rd,
If you look on the attached PDF file you can see the spring and adjustment screw.
It is located on the right side of the transmission. Basically the spring pulls back on
the mechanism that centers the little wheel on the actuator arm. If you have someone
push the pedal with the engine off you can see how everything works.
Good luck..

/ RTV NEUTRAL SPRING ADJUSTMENT #4  
The instructions didn't say anything about raising the dump bed first (just locking the controls), but the picture appears to show the engine, which is under the bed. I was having trouble visualizing where all this stuff was without actually going out to do a hands-on evaluation.
Thanks.