RTV questions

/ RTV questions #1  

harpoonalt

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota rtv500
I know I want the RTV 1120 and had settled on the Western V plow. Dealer says putting a non Kubota plow on the 1120 voids the warranty. I don't believe that's true, but I wanted to ask you guys. Also, does the KTAC insurance cover the Kubota plow if you bought that one? Since the premium is based on the total price I would think so, but I'm not sure.

Cheers!

/ RTV questions #2  
That sounds a bit silly, I'd call Kubota direct and confirm. I never had any problems with warranty work on my JD 825i with a Boss V plow, they never blinked over the plow. I would think Kubota would be the same.

/ RTV questions #3  
I DON'T BELIEVE YOUR DEALER.

/ RTV questions #4  
Given that most dealers sell OEM and aftermarket implements, I find what your dealer stated hard to believe. If you finance the whole thing , I'm pretty sure the insurance covers it all--Could be wrong though..Might want to check with the KTAC people who post here.

/ RTV questions #5  
I know I want the RTV 1120 and had settled on the Western V plow. Dealer says putting a non Kubota plow on the 1120 voids the warranty. I don't believe that's true, but I wanted to ask you guys. Also, does the KTAC insurance cover the Kubota plow if you bought that one? Since the premium is based on the total price I would think so, but I'm not sure.

Cheers!

I have an RTV-X 1120D, which has been great. I put KTAC insurance on it just this last year since I take it off my property a lot now, and recall they wanted to know about any add-ons/implements, as well as purchase price (didn't have any implements in my case). Same goes for my tractor, where KTAC covers the tractor and the front loader and any other implements. I think if you got a Kubota plow with a serial number as part of the purchase it would surely be something you could put on the policy.

I don't know about warranty -- but you should be able to request a hard copy of the warranty and read for yourself. If I can find mine, I will look this weekend.

I know people use KTAC insurance for other brands of equipment on occasion, so I suspect you could include coverage for a non-Kubota plow, but that's something KTAC should comment on directly.

/ RTV questions #6  
Your dealers full of CHIT.Time for a new dealer IMHO.

/ RTV questions
OK.....new dealer. Seems more straightforward and I've dealt there before. He doesn't care which plow I put on the machine. He suggested a straight blade over a vee for my application for the cost and weight savings. He's offered me a pretty good deal on the Kubota commercial blade. It's not that much more than the aftermarket. What advantage/ disadvantages are there to the Kubota vs. a boss or western straight blade plow? I am partial to the orange color. :)

/ RTV questions #8  
The only way Kubota would be contesting a warranty issue is if you put a plow on your machine and did not match the suspension needed to accommodate the extra weight and dynamics of a plow regardless of what make the plow. Just make sure you have the heavy damper front end kit on your machine for optimal performance. I love my Boss V-Plow on my X900, but I am sure other manufacturers make substantial plows.

/ RTV questions #9  
I agree. Make sure your RTV is equipped to handle the extra weight.

/ RTV questions
Back again! I purchased the 1120 and the commercial straight blade plow. They put the dampeners in front. It hardly squats at all and rides like a dream compared to my old 500. The plow raises very high, is super quick, and I’m very happy I went Kubota. Now just need some snow!