Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter

/ Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter #1  

cold1313

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M4D-071 Kubota F3990
A quick Google search showed that I'm not alone with this problem but I thought I would ask here to see about a possible fix.

I have a 2013 or 2014 - either way, the first year for fuel injection in the 570. The machine gets minimal run time or miles. I use it around the ranch to help when the tractor is too much. I always have Stabil in the gas and the last few years I have Stabil in no ethanol gas. I'll let the machine idle until the fan turns on and other times just jump in and go.

Now I'll go to take off (slow'ish) and it will start stutter and spitting. I stomp the gas and it usually snaps out of it after a few more coughs. I don't believe it's a sensor or anything - seems like injectors are dirty or something.

It doesn't happen every time. I bought some Polaris fuel system cleaner and dumped in the tank in the fall with fresh fuel (full tank). The tank is still basically full, so it hasn't had time to do much, so when I have it out, I just leave it idle all the time. I don't have much faith in that fixing everything.

Seafoam? Pull the plugs and replace? (I haven't checked them) Fuel filter?

It's the original fuel filter, but I shouldn't have water in the tank or anything with Stabil.

Any recommendations?

/ Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter #2  
Change the plug. I have the 570 Rzr and have had the same problem. I keep an extra in the glove box in a sandwich bag. One winter I went through 3 plugs. Last 2 years have been fine though.

Edit... recommend after pulling plug wire to send a lot of compressed air down that hole prior to removing plug. It is a loooooong way down and easy to get stuff down that you wouldn稚 want Inside.

/ Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter
Thanks for the info! Also for the advice on cleaning that out!

/ Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter #4  
My 500 efi acts up like that too when the plug needs replaced, which has happened 2-3 times since I've had it.

I called the dealer and spoke to the service department. He didn't recommend changing plugs, he more or less said just to use the machine and use it hard and it should clear out the fuel problems. I've had this work with cars before - but was surprised he basically hinted that I'd be wasting my time by looking at plugs.

I'll check the plugs once the weather breaks a bit. They are cheap anyway.

/ Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter #6  
I called the dealer and spoke to the service department. He didn't recommend changing plugs, he more or less said just to use the machine and use it hard and it should clear out the fuel problems. I've had this work with cars before - but was surprised he basically hinted that I'd be wasting my time by looking at plugs.

I'll check the plugs once the weather breaks a bit. They are cheap anyway.

I have a Polaris 570 EPS and have also experienced the stutter. When I first bought it, dealer emphasized not to let it idle a lot. Made a big deal out of it. In fact, I had mine in at the dealership for some warranty work and each time the tech test drove it, they turned it off as soon as they stopped it. Even when they were waiting to get back in their shop, they shut it down. My experience has been that if you start with a new fresh plug and always run it easy until it warms up and shut it off when you stop it, don't let it idle for more than 20 seconds. The problem is greatly reduced. Also, our unit can sit sometimes for awhile. I always run some Seafoam thru it. That seems to help some, also. Hope, this helps with your issue.

I have a Polaris 570 EPS and have also experienced the stutter. When I first bought it, dealer emphasized not to let it idle a lot. Made a big deal out of it. In fact, I had mine in at the dealership for some warranty work and each time the tech test drove it, they turned it off as soon as they stopped it. Even when they were waiting to get back in their shop, they shut it down. My experience has been that if you start with a new fresh plug and always run it easy until it warms up and shut it off when you stop it, don't let it idle for more than 20 seconds. The problem is greatly reduced. Also, our unit can sit sometimes for awhile. I always run some Seafoam thru it. That seems to help some, also. Hope, this helps with your issue.

Good to know - that's interesting about the idle. I would let it idle to try and move some gas and get some heat in the motor. It's been a long time since I used Seafoam - it was through a vacuum line on one of my cars - dripped it in so it wouldn't stall. Smoked like crazy. I think for this issue - I add some to the fuel?

/ Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter #8  
Good to know - that's interesting about the idle. I would let it idle to try and move some gas and get some heat in the motor. It's been a long time since I used Seafoam - it was through a vacuum line on one of my cars - dripped it in so it wouldn't stall. Smoked like crazy. I think for this issue - I add some to the fuel?

I was told the same thing on my 2014 Sportsman 570..Don't let it idle and run it pretty hard. If puttering around slow, use low range to keep the RPM's up. I start and idle mine in the shed every so often in the winter and really haven't noticed any issues though. Aside from the recalls, it's been a great machine.

I was told the same thing on my 2014 Sportsman 570..Don't let it idle and run it pretty hard. If puttering around slow, use low range to keep the RPM's up. I start and idle mine in the shed every so often in the winter and really haven't noticed any issues though. Aside from the recalls, it's been a great machine.

I'm not aware of any recalls on my machine...at least I wasn't notified.

/ Polaris Ranger 570 Stutter #10  
If the fuel has ethanol you should not keep it unused for more than 30 days. Always use fresh fuel. Most fuel additives cannot thoroughly clean up ethanol fuel that has degraded and formed sludge.

Check for Polaris recalls here ►Find outstanding Recalls

If you did not buy the machine new from a Polaris dealer they would not know you owned one. Most recalls I know of are for catching fire. Mine has been 2x and I just got another letter about fires although no recall at this time.