ATV EPS

/ ATV EPS #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
Is power steering worth the extra money? Seems to be $800+ for the option. Currently have an '07 Rancher without power steering and it hasn't been an issue but wondering about the benefits...

/ ATV EPS #2  
Is power steering worth the extra money? Seems to be $800+ for the option. Currently have an '07 Rancher without power steering and it hasn't been an issue but wondering about the benefits...

Depends on you uses I guess...I've had both and if you're going to be plowing snow PS is hard to beat due to tight, slow turns and the front overhang weight...If you're running fields and the like, you many not really need it. For general use, my non-PS UTV was fine.

My Polaris 570 is non-PS and I couldn't see any real reason for PS unless I was doing a lot of hardcore trails with tight turns..I pretty much run mine on mountain dirt roads so I didn't see the value add. But if you got the extra dinero, I'm sure it's a nice option.

/ ATV EPS #3  
To me it is worth the extra $.
My last ATV didn't have EPS and I have ridden ATV's the have EPS and it is much better IMO.

/ ATV EPS #4  
I've had my Polaris ATP(all terrain pickup) for thirteen years now. Down trails, roads, thru mud, across rough open fields - you know the drill. No EPS and I've never felt the need. And I'm 76 years young and getting younger every year - ha,ha.

/ ATV EPS #5  
I have a 2016 Yamaha Viking with EPS,my Yamaha Rhino didn't have EPS but was narrow and had smaller tires.Didn't miss it on the Rhino but a plus on the Viking for sure.If you are going side x side the power steering is worth it;on an ATV I don't think it matters much.

/ ATV EPS #7  
My current ATV is a 93 kodiak, thats 4wd all the time. its not easy to turn a slow speeds.

if you spend most of your time in 2wd then EPS is probably not required.

I used to own a 05 King quad, and it has "twitchy" steering from the factory. The EPS king quad eliminated the twitchy. (test drove one)

My next atv will have power steering because I hope to get a track kit for it.... and those are hard to turn!

/ ATV EPS #8  
We have a can am with it and rode my buddies grizzly with out. I thought something was wrong with his. Forgot how easy it is, really takes the work out of riding

Brett

/ ATV EPS #9  
I'll take EPS, easier to steer at slow speeds and with weight on the front and easier feedback on rough terrain, certainly don't feel beat up at the end of a days trail riding as with the non EPS machine.

/ ATV EPS #10  
I put an aftermarket EPS on the Pioneer 700. Primarily for my wife but it sure makes manuvering and tight turns easier. Cost about $550 and was easy to install.