06 Mule 3010 bad popping noise while driving

/ 06 Mule 3010 bad popping noise while driving #1  

skfisher

Tractor
2006 Mule 3010 4x4
the noise sounds as if the belt slips every now and then the mule surges, loud clunking / popping sound, connects immediately then normal until it pops again. pops every 5-10 seconds while normal riding, not towing, no hard climb just normal driving. I've ordered a service manual download. doesn't really talk about it. I'm obviously going to try the belt but I think it's more than that. definitely feels like it's in the clutch system for sure. I've read here and there about normal popping sound this is loud and obnoxious and is certainly not normal sounds like it's going to break major bad any time.

/ 06 Mule 3010 bad popping noise while driving #2  
I know the DOG makes a horrible clunk when engaging and disengaging the 4wd. My 2510 did not do that when new and yet I am told it is normal. Strange! My Diesel broke the crank and then it was discovered the clutch needed major repair$. Don't know if the crank broke it, I don't think so. Low hours and babied!

/ 06 Mule 3010 bad popping noise while driving
Yea my noise is while riding 2 Wd or 4wd. doesn稚 matter.

/ 06 Mule 3010 bad popping noise while driving #4  
Aside from the noise, does everything work as it should and feel right?

A lady friend had the smaller Mule and it routinely made a clunking noise. She plowed snow with it, and I just figured she had destroyed it.

/ 06 Mule 3010 bad popping noise while driving #5  
Could be a belt problem, will have to remove the belt cover to check that. Could also be a part of the clutch slipping on the drive splines, or something within the transmission slipping on a splined shaft. From the description sounds more like a spline shaft slipping than it does a belt issue. May have to pull the rear drive shafts out of the rear differential/transmission to check those area and also where the hubs connect to those drive shafts. Also check the CV joints on those drive shafts also. If they are bad they will bind and pop, but normally more noticeable when turning.

Everything else is normal. Aside from it barely running now. It痴 no doubt fuel. With carb and no electronics to speak of when it goes and barely restarts I知 sure that痴 fuel filter and / or junk in the tank. That痴 another issue but until then yes everything else was perfect.

Spline issue is exactly what it sounds like. Not a constant at every consistent timing but iratic clunking. 5-10 seconds at constant speed. If it ran good right now I could video the ride and it痴 really loud so that probably would help. It痴 heavier sound than cv but lots to check sounds like. I致e got buggies and razors so axles and cvs aren稚 Greek to me. This is the first mule experience ever so figured I壇 get some advice where to begin.