Honda Pioneer 1000

/ Honda Pioneer 1000 #1  

ultraglide62

Bronze Member
Tractor
asv rc 100, 450G JD, 341 Bobcat
I have received 2 (product upgrades) on my new UTV. One is to add an insulation kit to cut the motor heat down in the cab and the other is related to a clutch failure problem that Honda maintains is mainly operator error.
Supposedly the first drive clutch fails if you idle around slowly with the unit in (high) instead of low range.
Has anyone experienced a clutch failure?
Thanks
Ultraglide62

/ Honda Pioneer 1000 #2  
Took mine to dealer and got both clutch and heat kit done at no charge. The purpose is a better design clutch casing to allow more oil on clutches. Honda recommends dealer inspect clutches and replace if needed at no charge while changing out bigger casing. My dealer said I had a few black marks on clutch plates so they replaced them. I never noticed any clutch problems tho it did seem to be a little smoother shifting after.

Definitely call your dear a schedule it to be done. You do have a time limit. It’s a ways out.... if I remember right, around 2020. If your dealer tries giving you a runaround about not fixing it if it’s working fine, they are wrong. It’s based on customers request. Honda even pays the dealer x amount for labor hrs too.

/ Honda Pioneer 1000
Took mine to dealer and got both clutch and heat kit done at no charge. The purpose is a better design clutch casing to allow more oil on clutches. Honda recommends dealer inspect clutches and replace if needed at no charge while changing out bigger casing. My dealer said I had a few black marks on clutch plates so they replaced them. I never noticed any clutch problems tho it did seem to be a little smoother shifting after.

Definitely call your dear a schedule it to be done. You do have a time limit. It’s a ways out.... if I remember right, around 2020. If your dealer tries giving you a runaround about not fixing it if it’s working fine, they are wrong. It’s based on customers request. Honda even pays the dealer x amount for labor hrs too.

Thanks a million for your information. I was going to let it slide because I have noticed no problems. Honda did not mention they are supplying and recommending a different larger housing?
I will definitely get it in to be changed time permitting. I somewhat like the engine heat when I am elk hunting at 8000 feet in the snow in Idaho even though I have a heated cab with windshield! Might skip Idaho hunting in the future the wolves have wrecked havoc on the game populations.