Cub Cadet Challenger 750

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #1  

K man

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK 30 HST with cab. 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS UTV
Hi all UTV owners. Do any of you know anything about the 2018 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS. I am looking to maybe purchase one in the future. The price is reasonably fair with the standard accessories that come with it from the factory. What make of engine are they using? Any issues at all with this machine.
Thanks
Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
I looked around the internet trying to find out what name brand engine they use in their challengers with no success. I want to know if it is a V twin or single cylinder. All I see is OHV over head valve.
Thanks for any help.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #3  
I looked around and couldn't find the engine make either. One of my neighbors has a 4 or 5 year old CC UTV since new and I don't know what it has for power either, he said he did have the "transmission" rebuilt and it doesn't have very many hours.

Thanks, I will probably have to phone a dealer to find out what motor is in their UTVs.

I am sure CC uses Kohler motors in their UTV. Are they good engines or not?

Update. Cub Cadet uses 733 cc EFI 5 OHV Hisun engines in their Challengers. Same engine used in the Suzuki 750 King Quad and also found on some marine products. Read a lot of great reviews on those motors. So I am going to bite the bullet and buy a 2018 Cub Cadet 750 eps. It comes loaded with standard accessories that you would have to pay extra on any other UTV out there. So check them out.
Gilles

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #7  
Massimo (TSC) and the Yamaha both use Hisun engines as well. IIRC

A first cousin of mine has a Massimo 500 that he bought new at TSC a couple years ago. Just after the warranty expired, he had to replace the exhaust. Bought an after-market one on the internet. The only other problem was the brake light wouldn't work, and the fuel gauge quit. Stayed in the shop for about 3 weeks. They never did fix either problem. He finally gave up and brought it home. He found the fuel gauge problem: a bent post on the plug; and I fixed the brake light: adjusted the switch on the fire wall.
I bought a new UTV about 3 months ago. Decided on the Kubota RTV-X900 diesel. Couldn't be happier. It's a real workhorse.

Nice to know that Hisun engines are used on Yamaha cause Viking was my first choice until I saw the standard equiments that came on the CC e g. roof, tilt/EPS steering, windshield, front and rear hitch, winch, LED lights, side mirrors, high sided doors, single handle tailgate like a pick up and the price is the same as a plain Viking.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #9  
Nice to know that Hisun engines are used on Yamaha cause Viking was my first choice until I saw the standard equiments that came on the CC e g. roof, tilt/EPS steering, windshield, front and rear hitch, winch, LED lights, side mirrors, high sided doors, single handle tailgate like a pick up and the price is the same as a plain Viking.

The Viking runs the Yamaha 700 single cylinder engine.(same basic engine as the Rhino used for years)
No idea which model would uses a Hisun ( never heard/read that they do)

Last edited:
CC runs the single cylinder 735 cc Hisun engine not sure about Yamaha but going with size and price is what lured me to Challenger 750. I know for a fact Suzuki uses Hisun engines and many brands use them too.