Snow Plowing with a RTV

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #22  
I've done two storms now with the RTV900 and it's done a great job. I've got the worksite with the HDWS tires that everyone dumps on but I've had no problem with them on my asphalt driveway. I've pushed a blade full with no traction problems at all. I purchased some chains just in case but I don't think I'll have to use then unless things get real deep and slippery.

I've got the Kubota/Curtis plow and the only problem is having to keep getting in and out of the cab to change the blade angle. I had heard (from a undisclosed insider at Kubota) that a new option would be a way to control the angle from inside the cab. Haven't heard this officially from any Kubota source but that would be a "must have" for me.

In fact - didn't Kubota have it's Dealers' Meeting two months ago? How come we haven't heard any leaks about what's new for accessories for 2005?

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #23  
I was at the dealer yesterday and was told the factory RTV plow was raised with an "electric over hydraulic" system. Even on the worksite model which has the hydraulic system already. What a waste. The electric hydraulic pump probably accounts for 1/2 the $1300 cost of the plow.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #24  
Not really considering you would need to bypass the bed lift hydraulics to do it or have the hydraulic valve with remotes (common/standard only on the turf model). I bet Kubota has some kind of hydraulic angle control plans for the snow blade. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Not really considering you would need to bypass the bed lift hydraulics to do it or have the hydraulic valve with remotes (common/standard only on the turf model). I bet Kubota has some kind of hydraulic angle control plans for the snow blade. )</font>

With 2, 10 ft. hoses and one set of quick connects ($50 total) you can do just that with the existing remotes on the worksite or turf models. Unplug bed cylinder hoses, plug in new hoses (5 seconds) now your ready to plow. I doubt you will be dumping the bed while pushing snow anyhow. I would much rather raise the plow with the lever next to the seat than an electric switch. I'll bet that electric hydraulic pump unit is $600-$700 of the cost of the factory plow. Not to mention more parts to fail.

No, it doesn't give you hydraulic angle, but with the addition on the second control valve at the side of the seat, it could be done

Myself, I'd spend the 50 bucks and save $600 on the plow and angle it manually until I added the second remote. You already have hydraulics, why add it again?

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Not really considering you would need to bypass the bed lift hydraulics to do it or have the hydraulic valve with remotes (common/standard only on the turf model). I bet Kubota has some kind of hydraulic angle control plans for the snow blade. )</font>

With 2, 10 ft. hoses and one set of quick connects ($50 total) you can do just that with the existing remotes on the worksite or turf models. Unplug bed cylinder hoses, plug in new hoses (5 seconds) now your ready to plow. I doubt you will be dumping the bed while pushing snow anyhow. I would much rather raise the plow with the lever next to the seat than an electric switch. I'll bet that electric hydraulic pump unit is $600-$700 of the cost of the factory plow. Not to mention more parts to fail.

No, it doesn't give you hydraulic angle, but with the addition on the second control valve at the side of the seat, it could be done

Myself, I'd spend the 50 bucks and save $600 on the plow and angle it manually until I added the second remote. You already have hydraulics, why add it again? )</font>

Maybe so, but I highly doubt $600-$700 is the cost of it and I have never heard of it failing.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #27  
This place has plows for the RTV. $699 shipped. Hunterworks

I believe there's some changes coming out for it.
1. (currently available) is a "cable direction changer" that lifts the cable upwards before it comes back down to the plow. This acts like a snatch block for easier lifting.

2. (not sure about this one but if it does come out, I doubt it'll be this season) Blade angle changer like lloyd123 is looking for.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #28  
I *HOPE* that is could be retrofitted to us who already have a non power angling blade too:)

Frank

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Not really considering you would need to bypass the bed lift hydraulics to do it or have the hydraulic valve with remotes (common/standard only on the turf model). I bet Kubota has some kind of hydraulic angle control plans for the snow blade. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV
Still no snow here. If this would keep the snow away all year I might buy one next year too.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV
Here comes the snow. We are to get 2 in today and 12 on Saturday into Sunday. Guess I will find out how it works. Darn .. Wife said I could buy a second RTV if we didn't get any snow. Going to try with out chains today and see how it works, Just have the worksite tires on it. Plan on not plowing 12 in at one time. Will plow as it snows. Have a cab and heat so should be fine.