Snow Plowing with a RTV

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #1  

jpalasek

Tractor
Kubota ZD331 Toolcat 5600
I know it is early yet but we have had snow somewhere in this world. Has anyone plowed with the RTV yet.
I just bought one with a cab,heater,lights,plow,and wipers.
Sure hope this RTV will do the job. I think my wife will make me move out to the shop if it don't plow.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #2  
You should be fine in Maryland. I used to plow with a 2wd 20 horse garden tractor at the old house, (only 150' drive). 1 time in 5 years I had to pay someone to plow me out and that was the blizzard of 92, we got 39" of snow overnight. You'll need chains, and some weight in the back sure wouldn't hurt.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #3  
Let us know after this winter how it goes, or just "where" you are sleeping if that is easier. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I watched the neighbor one past winter trying to make his ATV work on snow, and he did manage to get the job done and didn't end up sleeping in the shop.
However, he didn't have that combination the following winter's. But it may have been the setup that he had to work with. Will be anxiuous to hear how yours works out.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #4  
I think you will need more aggressive tires..

I have mudlites for my RTV.. and a 1000 lb (loaded)salt spreader and a plow.:)

Frank

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV
I have a set of chains now (Fit Great) Just waiting for the snow. Also still waiting for my wipers. On backorder
Hope it comes before the snow.

Wiper came in. Will have installed Monday. Ready now for the snow. Still not sure how it will do. No one has plowed with on yet.. I guess we will soon.

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #7  
I have plowed with the RTV Curtis snow blade and it works great, and from my experience the HDWS tires work fine in most snowy conditions in 4WD. More aggressive tires would help but HDWS tires work fine for pushing snow around...it will push snow over a good 10 feet at faster speeds (provided you have a long driveway to get up to those faster speeds).

Ready to go. Bought a Buyers salt spreader also. Some snow might be coming this week end. I hate snow! Never thought I would be hoping for snow. Oh no. I better go get some salt.
Will let you know how it works.....

/ Snow Plowing with a RTV #9  
I have a spreader on too. Its a stainless/alum 1/3 yead gas powered Curtis:)

Nice. You must have a large area to salt. I have about 900 ft. of drive way to salt. Had to get a adapter to change hitch to 2 inch. Looks like it will do fine. The unit that you have can spread sand also. Mine will just handle salt.