RTV with tracks qustions

/ RTV with tracks qustions #1  

J_mack

Tractor
same mercury 85
how much speed did you lose ? I was told that the tracks increase the torque of the machine . I want to run a RTV with tracks for the snow only, Matt tracks have a nice set up but they will void your warranty, if you add traction products to their tracks. I talked to a guy in Maine who is grooming with a ranger with Matt tracks,he says it works good until you have to climb a bank that has ice on it .we run between 175- 200 studs in our work sleds.I would like to see if the RTV would groom at 10-12mph, sure would be nice to drive in a cab vs riding a snowmobile .
Is Kubota going to void your warranty with the tracks on the RTV?
thanks
J-Mack

/ RTV with tracks qustions #2  
J mack

To be honest, I know of nobody currently out here on TBN that has put tracks on the RTV. You may have to check with a dealer to see if warrantee would be voided.

Can you provide more info as to what your intent is? Are you doing hills, trails or ???

BTW, It's considered inappropriate to start a new thread to push your subject to the top of the forum. Please hold off a bit. Your other thread is only a few days old. Again, the RTV being new, some of this stuff hasn't been tried yet. This will be the first winter for the RTV. Maybe it'll work out that you'll have to be the one to give it a go and let the rest of us know. Sorry we haven't been able to help on the tracks.

Brian