Kubota RTV900

/ Kubota RTV900 #1  

kenta

Tractor
I have a Kubota M-5400 and a B-2910 plus a G-1800 riding mover which is orange too.
Finally bought one.
After beating the subject to death I just gave the guy a check a they delivered the Kubota RTV900 worksite. I felt the price would go up next spring and I got stuck wondering if I should wait for the bugs to get worked out or on line fixes, etc. In the end I figured I have had 9 Kubota tractors and have 3 now and they never failed nor did I do so much research. I just bought them and they worked. I think the RTV will be the same and I won't know in 5 years what the 2009 model is like. My only issue and it's slight is the recall on hoods. The hood is not a tight fit. I walked around the dealers lot 2 weeks after delivery and the newer serial numbered units with the fixed hood were tight. I am hoping that when I get a hood it will fit down tight. Not as sloopy a fit. There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust the hood to make it fit tighter, so we will see. So far the dealer says the replacement hoods are slow in coming. Other than that the worksite is great. I sold the idea of one to my son in law and he owns a gas Kawasaki or Polaris, one of them and it doesn't dump hydrolically. He thought the price was low so he traded. Everyone that sees the unit is impressed and I am sure Kubota will sell a lot of them. So that's the story. Thanks Slippy for your help. I guess your a rep or somehow related to Kubota so it helps with the questions. Thanks, Kenta

/ Kubota RTV900 #2  
kenta,

Congratulations!!! You'll be very happy with it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If the hood that's on it falls under the recall, I believe the dealer is supposed to replace before you take posession.

Can you elaborate on the hood not being a tight fit?

See attached pic. Is this what you're having on your hood. Mine sticks up quite a bit (on both sides) towards the rear. The dealer sent my pics to corp and corp said to get it fixed. He's going to bring a hood off another RTV to my place and swap them to see if it's the hood itself or the fender is out of whack. Once they know which is bad, I was told they'll replace.

Attachments

• 544623-MVC-677F2.JPG
    544623-MVC-677F2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 397
   / Kubota RTV900 #3  
my hood was high in the back too. Until they replaced it under the recall. Now its a better fit.

Frank

/ Kubota RTV900
Thanks bczoom. Your photo helps me with perspective. I should be grateful for the hood I have. It fits very well. I will try to explain the problem more clearly. If I pushed down on the latch or the front of the hood it makes a tight fit. If they made it adjustable so I could pull the hood down closer to the front it would be fine, but there is no way to do that. I could fix it by the old method. I have fished and farmed for 45 years and we usually end up getting out the welder or the grazy glue and that fixes the problem. I am hoping that the new hood takes care of that instead of my method. I am amazed they would let a hood like your photo our, but I guess these are prototypes of a sort. I walked around the lot and every hood fitted a little different than the other. Are you all fixed up now with your hood situation? As far as the other comment about the dealer not supposed to sell them until they are fixed sounds good, but this guy is kind of typical of what I have been dealing with for 45 years.(I had to throw that in again). He just wanted the sale and he will take care of the problem later. I know he will, but it seemed like a used car lot kind of sale when I asked for a new hood 2 weeks after delivery. He said he would have it in a month. It is winter here in Vermont and I problably won't use it much. I gave the guy $50,000 worth of business in 2004. One B2910 with a from snow blower and a finish mower. That is a nice little tractor and it can keep anything open and I mean up to 3 feet of packed snow. I bought a $12,000 Valby chipper with hydrolic feed and a Majaco log loader and trailer for $10,000. So I am used to dealing with the dealer. He has equipment all over the place and I trust him, but I have to keep the old Vermont eye open just in case. I thought the hood problem was a glue situation and my latch could come off if I don't replace the hood, but I am curious if the new hood will cure the tight fit problem. Sorry about the long winded reply. You can tell winter is setting in. Thanks, Kenta

/ Kubota RTV900 #5  
I checked out my hood after viewing your pict, and it fitts very simetrically. the holes in the hinge bracket in the vehicle are eliptical to afford some adjustment.

/ Kubota RTV900 #6  
Approximately at what serial numbers to the fixed hoods start at?

/ Kubota RTV900
I was told that was a grey area by the dealer. I am 21716 and I am getting a new hood. He said they had some good batches and some bad ones along the way so I would have it replaced. This sounds crazy, but here is the test that the dealer said he would use. Take your finger and wipe it on some dirt on the engine. Take the greasy finger and wipe it around the latch. If it leaves a trace than the glue is the wrong type? I think that's right. Kenta

/ Kubota RTV900 #8  
kenta,

That test doesn't sound right.
Only have a minute so I can't look it up but the test should be something to the effect of:

Using a #2 pencil, color a piece of paper. Rub your finger through the graphite to cover your finger.
Rub around latches. If it leaves a mark, it has the proper adhesive.

Personally, I found a visual inspection provided the results. I could see there was a primer coating before the latches were applied. The orange plastic is also a bit rougher.

I'll look later when I have more time,

/ Kubota RTV900
You probably have it right bczoom. I remember part of it, but had it backwards. One way or another in 10 years I think I will be trying to remember what year it is and who is running for office. But the RTV will still be running hood and all.

/ Kubota RTV900 #10  
my dealer told me same thing on th epencil graphite test .. Honest..