01 ranger 6x6

/ 01 ranger 6x6 #1  

snorider

Bronze Member
Hi I was just looking at a 01 Polaris Ranger 6x6. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was woundering If there anything known to have problems on it or anything to keep an eye on or look for Before I buy. Going later tonight to look at it closer. the Local dealer wants $5382.34 out the door. how does the price sound ballpark wise. Thanks

Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 01 ranger 6x6 #2  
There is plenty of info on the web for your edification!
I can only tell you that I bought a Kubota RTV900 WS and glad I did!!

/ 01 ranger 6x6
Just got back it is not in that bad of shape. Has 338 hours on it. On these is that a lot of hours or not? I would say it has a lot left in it but I don't know with these motors. What do you all thnk? Lots of scatches, some of the plastic has been stressed in spots and the metal bed is dented a bit. Looks like some tried to put spray on bed liner on it but most of it came off. It has turf tires on it so those would have probley get changed to some atv tires. Also to get a plow is around $1500 more. I will not have the money for at least a month, more like two so if its still there I go for it.

Joe

/ 01 ranger 6x6 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just got back it is not in that bad of shape. Has 338 hours on it. On these is that a lot of hours or not? I would say it has a lot left in it but I don't know with these motors. What do you all thnk? Lots of scatches, some of the plastic has been stressed in spots and the metal bed is dented a bit. Looks like some tried to put spray on bed liner on it but most of it came off. It has turf tires on it so those would have probley get changed to some atv tires. Also to get a plow is around $1500 more. I will not have the money for at least a month, more like two so if its still there I go for it.

Joe )</font>
Personally I'd leave it where you found it!!!

/ 01 ranger 6x6
Archdean I have been looking online. Have not found any thing yet but I am going to keep looking. Thanks

Joe

Back to looking I go /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 01 ranger 6x6 #6  
You might be able to find some information or ask questions here: prcforum.com

If the engine was taken care of and maintained well, it has a lot of life left. It has the same 500 cc engine that is in the Sportsman which has been around for years and is a good one. From what I've read they're good vehicles with plenty of power and the price sounds pretty fair. With 6 wheels it will take a little more room to turn around than other vehicles.

/ 01 ranger 6x6 #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Has 338 hours on it. On these is that a lot of hours or not? I would say it has a lot left in it but I don't know with these motors. What do you all thnk?)</font>

Personally I think that is average to maybe on the low side. My 2 year old Gator has 175 hours on it.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Lots of scatches, some of the plastic has been stressed in spots and the metal bed is dented a bit. Looks like some tried to put spray on bed liner on it but most of it came off. )</font>

Scratches happen. I would look closely for cracks in the plastic, especially at attachment points where the plastic bolts on to the frame.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It has turf tires on it so those would have probley get changed to some atv tires. )</font>

An All Terrain Vehicle with single terrain tires, doesn't make sense does it?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Also to get a plow is around $1500 more. I will not have the money for at least a month, more like two so if its still there I go for it. )</font>

The winches usually go up and down via a winch. Does that $1500 include the winch? Does the unit already have a winch? I think you can do a lot better on the price. Look at Tractor Supply (TSC) or in a Cabela's catalog. Even if you have to put a winch on for $400 to $500 you will still be money ahead if you shop around.

Good luck.

/ 01 ranger 6x6
Thanks. I just found that late last night. registerd and went to bed. I will be looking around there more today.

Joe

/ 01 ranger 6x6
<font color="blue"> </font> " seen the turf tires and asked myself why would you put those on /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. that can be fixed tho /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If it is still there when I get the money I am pretty sure I can get them down some more. It has already been there two months.
<font color="blue"> </font> I didn,t see no cracks but it was close to closing so I did not look at it for long. I dont know much about the plow but looking into it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

/ 01 ranger 6x6 #10  
The fact that is has turf tires wouldn't phase me. The original owner probably used it for offroad very little and didn't want to tear up his yard. I have a set of mud tires mounted on a second set of rims for general trail riding with my atv and I use the stock rims and more yard-friendly stock tires when working around the house.

That many hours is not bad. I have about that on my '01 atv and it is not over-used. As long as the original owner serviced the engine regularly it is just now good and broke-in.