Bristers Chuck Wagon utv

/ Bristers Chuck Wagon utv #41  
Re: Bristers Chuck Wagon utv

I have seen some of them recently without the locking diff. Not a good thing IMHO unless it would have a limited slip instead but I doubt that. I have seen them recently at Home Depot.

/ Bristers Chuck Wagon utv #42  

I have seen some of them recently without the locking diff. Not a good thing IMHO unless it would have a limited slip instead but I doubt that. I have seen them recently at Home Depot.

I agree i would not buy one without the lock, it is very useful.

/ Bristers Chuck Wagon utv #43  

I picked up a 2007 CW11 recently, and it has been great except that it is slow on the top speed. What kind of top speeds are you guys seeing? I had a lifted 48V golf cart before this that would go about 18 mph on flat ground. I haven't GPS'd this one yet, but my guess is around 10 mph. I have run the belt drive with the shrouds off and it seems okay - both sheaves move as the speed increases. Any ideas?

/ Bristers Chuck Wagon utv #44  

The Home Depot Bulldog 4wd is limited slip and has a diff lock. I leave mine in 4wd all the time since I have a 28 degree gravel driveway & so far have never needed the diff lock. It will climb it in 2wd but the rear will slip a bit.
Can't say on the Bristers, but the Bulldog runs 22-23 mph according to GPS.......