ATV maker settles court cases

/ ATV maker settles court cases #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
Go look on cnnfn.com this am for a settlement on an ATV maker. Ouch. Look at the problems, and how the company was reported to have handled them.

I found it interesting and thought other may too.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ATV maker settles court cases #4  
Every manufacturer will inevitably have some problems. It's how they handle those problems that determine whether they become a quality manufacturer or not. That law suit settlement is public record of what my friends who own Polaris ATV's have already told me about Polaris. I was all set to buy a Ranger, and still think they are a great concept, until two friends of mine who own Polaris ATV's talked me out of it. Hopefully Polaris learns from this and starts making their products better rather than leaving their customers out high and dry and sweep things under the rug as they have in the past.

/ ATV maker settles court cases #5  
In one of my past lives, before retiring, I was part owner of a motorcycle dealership and based on these experiences, I would not own a Suzuki, Artic Cat, Polaris or Yamaha. This is based upon the way the customer and dealer were both treated on various occasions. The companies are after the buck and the buck alone. The other companies that I dealt with were Harley Davidson, Kawasaki and BMW.

/ ATV maker settles court cases #6  
I'm surprised by "Suzuki" and "Yamaha". Granted, it was back in the late 70's, but I raced motocross for both Yamaha and Suzuki, and they could not have been better to work with and they both had a fantastic product. I also owned a 1979 Harley 1000 Sportster. It was absolute junk and Harley definitely couldn't possibly care less for me, the customer. I had such a poor experience with Harley Davidson that I still will not consider one of their products to this day. They may have been (and still may be) the absolute best in the world at selling a "persona" and selling the "cool" factor in their marketing of their product, but I've seen case after case where they ignore the owner when their product fails. I understand their product has improved now, but back in the 70's, I could not imagine a less reliable product. My personal experience with these three manufacturers is the exact opposite as what you say you had.