Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!!

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #1  

Gipper

This is my first post here, but have been reading often for a few weeks. It's a very informative site. Now it is decision time. After much research and visiting dealers and looking intently, I have narrowed the choice to three -- the RTV 900, the Kawasaki Mule, and the XRT1500 by Clubcar. It's now much tougher to make the final decision, so I'm turning to experience for advice! I would like to hear some of the positives and negatives of each of the above mentioned vehicles from people who have used them for a period of time. My main intent for the UV will be to work it and general use around the property. There is some steep ground on the property, but it would be on small dozer roads there. Pulling trailers, with lumber, rocks, dirt, etc. would also be a common use. All three of them have features I like, and each has some things I don't like, or think could be improved. I would just like to hear from someone other than dealers as to how they function under user conditions /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As I said earlier, I have been reading here for several weeks and have already seen a lot addressing some of my questions. Most seems to be about the RTV 900, and I agree that is is certainly a good looking machine! How about the XRT 1500 and Mule 3010 users /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The Kubota is about a two to three week wait; the Mule is two to three day wait, and the XRT 1500 is on the lot waiting to be loaded. Does that, in itself, answer some of my questions?? Thanks in advance for you help and information. It will be greatly appreciated.

Gipper

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #2  
If your purpose is as you stated I'd **** sure wait the two to 3 weeks or have your dealer transfer one for you! Yes you are definiately being told something and it most certainly answeres some of your questions!!

Dean

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #3  
Hi Gipper,

I have been looking for quite some time. I will buy one of the following around spring. HPX Diesel, RTV, or 3010 Diesel. I also was looking at the Bobcat 2200/XRT but the dealer was bad. The things I learned on this board have been very helpful.

1. A good dealer is important. You will at some point need support.
2. Buy a Diesel engine. The gas models just seem to be a bit problematic and take a long time to warm up.
3. Do demos on your site.

I have basically waited on the market. Everyone seemed to be changing last year. HPX, mule and the new RTV. We also had our first child last year so time to play was limited.

Yesterday, I drove the Mule 3010 and RTV within a hour. The mule seemed a bit more responsive on the pedal. The rtv was much smoother and much easier to drive.

Right now I am leaning toward the RTV but I cannot get a good deal on Rec Model. Best price so far was 11,700 with the bed lift.

Good luck..I will let everyone know my decision.

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #4  
From what you discribed, I will suggest the RTV. Nothing really bad about the unit and it's a dream to drive.....

See my note from another thread that compares a RTV & 3010 Diesel Mule Link to my Post

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #5  
well. My friend is a club car dealer and he even told me when I got my RTV that their 4 wd utility (xrt) is not even in the same class. When I told him th eprice I paid he fell off his chair. Its aprox in the same price league as his XRT and the RTV is twice the machine. This came from HIM..

Frank

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Kubota is about a two to three week wait; the Mule is two to three day wait, and the XRT 1500 is on the lot waiting to be loaded. Does that, in itself, answer some of my questions?? )</font>

Heres your sign!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #7  
List on the rec model is 10,200 and list on the bed lift is 1,300. So they are basically quoting you list plus 200 install. Let them know you are going buy a mule if they dont come down 500 or so. They will change their tune. No one wants to pass up a sure sale. Something is better than nothing to a salesperson. I am one I should know. It works for me when I buy something.

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #8  
Waiting three weeks for something that is going to last you for years is not to bad.

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!! #9  
Gipper I just bought a 3010 gas and love it, I'm sure the diesel is nice but only could convince the wife on the price of the diesel. But it sure is a good machine. I have a neighbor with an RTV and this is the Cadillac of the work UTV's.

/ Decision Time - Time to Buy!!!!
Thanks to all that have replied! Looks as if most are definite fans of the RTV. I think either of the three would do what I need, however, I do like the transmission braking on the RTV. I don't do recreational riding, and I get very uncomfortable on real steep ground, but there will be occasions I will be on some steep ground with it. The three week wait is not a problem - I mentioned that as an indication to see if that could be a sign. Sure enough, one respondent sent me a sign, so I guess it must be. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will be getting the diesel engine, primarily because I have other diesel equipment and buy the fuel in bulk. Won't have to haul gas in five gal. containers each week!

One problem I think I will have is successfully accomplishing something a couple of respondents suggested -- getting the dealers to bring one to my property to test drive. I just don't see that happening in this area. The closest dealer to me is the Kubota - about 30 miles. He did not have one in stock but a different model and offered to let me drive it on the lot. The XRT dealer, in the same town, is also a motorcycle & ATV dealer and does not seem to place much emphasis on the XRT. They had about 4 or 5 in stock and the sales rep. that I had on both visits knew less about it than I did. (I had been reading this site a few weeks and also had read the ATV Illustrated review.) I had to ask about a test drive and the rep. said the only place they had was there in the street and the small gravel parking lot across the street. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif The Kawasaki dealer we visited is about 60 miles and the rep. said the diesel would be a two or three day wait. They had a gas one in stock, which they quickly offered a test drive, though it was in their paved parking lot and a large dirt/gravel lot next door. Both lots very level. I was unaware that dealers might willingly bring them to my property for test drives, until some of you mentioned it. I will ask the on my next visit.

There's another Kawasaki dealer about 30 miles the other direction from me, but I kind of marked them off. About two weeks ago, my wife stopped by their place to get a brochure on the 3010 diesel and their ballpark out the door cost. He gave her their bottom dollar cost of $10, 254.50. Included in the cost was tax, or course, and Title. Also included a $99.00 doc fee, and $75.00 prep fee. No accessories were included in the price. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The largest towns near me, Lexington, KY and Huntington, W.VA, probably have dealerships that may the RTV in stock, but Lex. is about 145 miles and Huntington is approx. 125. A long way to travel, especially if problems should occur. Again, thanks for the replies.

Gipper