polaris ranger

/ polaris ranger #1  

twinstackram

Silver Member
Tractor
international 234
Well I finally found a dealer that would trade my boat for a polaris ranger,great all excited,But they didn't have any of the 4x4's in stock,so now I have to wait for the dealer to find me one.
Where I traded is 2 hrs away,I have a dealer 30 minutes away that has 2 but don't want to do a dealer trade to the dealer that I traded with,what does it matter the dealer 30 minutes away will still get his money, and anything I will ever need I would go to the closer dealer,the only reason I didn't trade with him to start with is he wouldn't trade for a boat,and the other dealer would,so now I'm waiting to here from the dealer I traded with to see if he has found one,evidently there aren't any polaris 4x4's in Indiana.

/ polaris ranger #2  
That is common for dealers to do. Where I live, there is a Polaris dealer right across the street from a Yamaha dealer. He has plenty of Rangers in stock. That is where I went to test drive a Ranger and first saw the Rhino across the street. The Polaris dealer (sounds like yours) was not exactly easy to work with, and I'm thrilled with my Rhino I've had for nearly a year now. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ polaris ranger #3  
Congrats on at least getting it ordered.

What's up with the local dealer. Does he know that the other dealer wants it for you but is upset since you didn't buy locally? I thought dealers swapped these things quite a bit.

Brian

/ polaris ranger
that's what I thought,my local dealer said that he had 2 and might have one of them sold and didn't want to do the dealer treade and leave him without any.
I had to pay like 1,200 difference,but I found a dealership that sells wholesale on the internet they are in chattanooga tenn. I thought about telling the dealer that I traded with to get a hold of them ,they're price is about the difference that I had to pay,give me my 1,200 back do a dealer trade with chattanooga and I'll go pick it up.
just ready to get it,it will be a nice when we go to tractor shows,make a nice Mom and Dad hauler at the shows.

/ polaris ranger #5  
What part of Indiana? I drove the 500 Ranger about three weeks ago and the dealer had about 5 of these brand new in the lot. This was in Fort Wayne.

I glad you found a dealer to work your deal.

/ polaris ranger
the dealer that I traded with is in lafayette,I'm about two hours south of there.
yes, I'm glad I found a dealer that would trade,had it advertised for a while with no luck,but he seemed like he wanted my boat pretty bad,although he said he would deliver it or meet me somewhere in between,but if I drove all the way back up to the dealer he would make it worth my while!!
I'm thinking ACCESSORIES.
My BIL was a attica riding his quad and said that that dealer had some rangers also,so I don't know whats going on.
Do I keep calling to see if they found anything or give them a few days,they do have my boat.

/ polaris ranger #7  
From everything I have heard in these parts it is the 700 Ranger (Seat Melter) that is hard to get.

I would keep calling him. I would think these would not be that hard to get in either thru dealer trade or order.

Post a picture when you get it. Those Rangers are nice.

/ polaris ranger
My ex-FIL use to have a chevy dealership and he use to do dealer trades all the time,the place that I traded at said that the other dealer if he does a dealer trade that he's not making any money,but if he sold it out right he would make money,but my thinking is that he should have got it at dealer cost and I paid retail price wouldn't he be making something off of the dealer trade??

/ polaris ranger #9  
If you're 2 hours south of Layflat, you're probably 1.5 hours north of me. Have you tried Hopf Equip in Huntingburg? They may not want a boat, but usually have Rangers in stock. Their # is 812-683-2763.

/ polaris ranger
yes I called hopf,that's actually where I got my tractor,they would sell on consignment but not trade.
I had to go to evansville yesterday and picked up my new Ranger,and we love it so far,but gonna have to get a wind shield as soon as possible,those bugs are killers!!