Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #21  
Why didn't you get another Mule (4010) if the first one was so good and lasted so long? I'm a Kubota lover but use the Mule 3010 trans 4x4 instead of the Kubota 1100 due to cost. My Mule is easy to work on and has been bullet proof for 4 years now. I'd buy another in a minute where the Kubota is just too expensive for not any better performance....in my experience. :D

I seriously considered another Mule 4010, but wanted to try the Kubota, plus the Kubota dealer is closer, more reliable, etc. I hope that I don't regret my decision.

Your points are valid.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #22  
My new RTV900XT arrived Monday. I love the thing, but have one complaint, too much noise! Is their any way to reduce the sound level? I did install a heavy rubber mat in the box, but little improvement.

That's NICE!!!

Other's have said the same thing about the noise when they first got theirs...Most all have said that you get used to it after a while...It's a somewhat open air diesel after all.

Do you have a back glass?...I had one on my RTV 500 and it actually increased the noise in the interior, and that was gas.

I really don't think my RTV1100 is all that loud, actually it seems quieter than my BX23 with a similar drive train.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #23  
That's NICE!!!

Other's have said the same thing about the noise when they first got theirs...Most all have said that you get used to it after a while...It's a somewhat open air diesel after all.

Do you have a back glass?...I had one on my RTV 500 and it actually increased the noise in the interior, and that was gas.

I really don't think my RTV1100 is all that loud, actually it seems quieter than my BX23 with a similar drive train.

Tim

No back glass on the machine, only windshield & roof. I think you're right in that "I'll get used to it after a while". Thanks for the encouragement, and also the compliment on the machine.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #24  
Taking off the roof and front windshield might make it seem a little quieter as you are getting some sound waves reflecting off the glass front windshield and off the roof. Not that you would want to do that, however.
You can add some high density foam sound deadener to the underside of the roof but I don't think it will be a huge difference.
Adding the rear window to our Gator made a nice ergonomic improvement, both in noise level and in backdraft of diesel exhaust fumes. And it improved the airflow through the front windshield when it is opened at the bottom (our windshield is hinged at the top.) Our rear window opens on one half as a slider so airflow isn't hurt, but we don't have doors so there is plenty of airflow anyway.
Most likely, you'll adapt :thumbsup: and enjoy :)

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #25  
Taking off the roof and front windshield might make it seem a little quieter as you are getting some sound waves reflecting off the glass front windshield and off the roof. Not that you would want to do that, however.
You can add some high density foam sound deadener to the underside of the roof but I don't think it will be a huge difference.
Adding the rear window to our Gator made a nice ergonomic improvement, both in noise level and in backdraft of diesel exhaust fumes. And it improved the airflow through the front windshield when it is opened at the bottom (our windshield is hinged at the top.) Our rear window opens on one half as a slider so airflow isn't hurt, but we don't have doors so there is plenty of airflow anyway.
Most likely, you'll adapt :thumbsup: and enjoy :)

Now that you mention the roof...I re-thought when i noticed the noise increase in my 500..you're right, it was when I put the roof and windshield on (that was in 2008, so the memory must be going bad)..I couldn't believe the noise increase. I got used to it pretty quick. it is different if you test drove an open air version, that's for sure.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #26  
I have seen several post about high noise, but I cant relate to that with mine. I guess if you are looking for the quietness of the interior of a car or maybe used to a 4 wheeler ATV where you dont get any reflective noises back at you, the RTV may seem a little loud. I dont find it any louder than my brother in laws Gator, in fact I can hear his gator put-putting from over 1/8 mile away while I am indoors. I always know when he is up and about. I cant say that I can hear the RTV when the wife drives it, but that is just motor noise. The noise from the seat may be annoying to those used to open air vehicles, but it is not so loud that you cant talk normally to passengers, at least on mine.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #27  
I am a die hard diesel fan, but I love my 1999 gas mule for the low noise.
Our Polaris gas ranger is even to loud going fast.
That said, there is foam used on excavators and quiet generators to absorb sound. Try doing a search on sound deadening materials for engine compartments.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #28  
I am a die hard diesel fan, but I love my 1999 gas mule for the low noise.
Our Polaris gas ranger is even to loud going fast.
That said, there is foam used on excavators and quiet generators to absorb sound. Try doing a search on sound deadening materials for engine compartments.

I believe that your "sound deadening advice is good. I bought a roll of that stuff off Ebay, but have not installed it yet. In fact, I'm headed to the garage to do that right now!!!:confused2: