Default RTV 900 Transmission Oil Drain Plug

Just curious to see if anyone else has had problems. Bought a used 2004 model this year. Asked previous owner if the Tranny had its scheduled service-no. Today I decided to change the fluid and filters. The plug was extremely hard to remove. When I was cleaning the metal shavings off the plug I noticed that the threats had something in them also. Picked metal off them. When I tried to re-install plug it would not even snug as it was completely striped out. This is a first for me in over 40 yrs., of doing all of my maintenance on everything from lawnmowers to a 40' Diesel Pusher MH.
    I just wonder if there has been any issues with this in the past.
    Other then this, I really like the Bota so far. Thanks for any suggestions,answers.

Veteran Member

Default Re: RTV 900 Transmission Oil Drain Plug

Kraut,

I have not heard of this issue.
    Was it cross-threaded when installed? If the threads are stripped, is there any similar damage to the threads in the tranny housing?

Brian

The plug seems to be alright. The metal shaving came from the threads in the tranny housing.

Veteran Member

Is everything OK now?