Turbo

/ Turbo #1  

BeeFarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
TC 33D
I heard from a dealer that a turbo unit is coming out for the RTV can anyone confirm?

/ Turbo #3  
I know of some aftermarket turbo kits for the RTV but haven't head of Kubota themselves making them. If Kubota is coming out with the turbo version, I wonder how pricing will compare (to the non-turbo) on the showroom floor.

Brian

/ Turbo #4  
Yes, one of our stores has developed a turbo kit that we call the "high altitude assist kit" for the RTV. We are selling the package for $1995.00 installed. No cutting or sever modifications to the vehicle.
Lewis

/ Turbo #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes, one of our stores has developed a turbo kit that we call the "high altitude assist kit" for the RTV. We are selling the package for $1995.00 installed. No cutting or sever modifications to the vehicle.
Lewis )</font>
Can you tell us more about this kit? What it involves and how much HP can you gain with this kit?

/ Turbo #6  
Tact
We used stock components on the RTV, no modification to engine or hydro. About 30% increase in power at 7000 to 10,000 ft. with no smoke from engine. No hp increase, no speed increase just performance increases at altitudes. It is a nice and clean installatiion.
Lewis

/ Turbo #7  
What about power gain at 2000 ft. Does it help at lower levels. How do you get more power without more HP?

How long does it take to install and can we do it ourselves without a lot of trouble?

/ Turbo #8  
It doesn't seem to make any big differences here at the store in Ft. Worth, but at higher elevations, it really made a big difference in the hill climbing ability of the RTV. The turbo doesn't make it run any faster, but improves the lower end power.
Lewis

/ Turbo #10  
Is this a turbo charger or a supercharger? As you know, superchargers tend to work better at lower RPMS, relative to turbos, and tend to be consistent thruout the rev range while turbos need to "spool up" and therefore have better high RPM power. At least this is my limited understanding of them. Photos or a diagram would be nice!