Deere Buck ATVs

/ Deere Buck ATVs #1  

FordTruckGuy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 790 MFWD
Does anyone have any experience or know of anyone with experience with Deere's new line of ATVs, the Buck and Trailbuck. I understand them to be virtually identical to the Bombardier Traxter and Quest chassis, but if there are any owners out there, of either Deere or Bombardier models, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

/ Deere Buck ATVs #2  
You might also try to get a response at ATVing.com -- you can generally find someone there with an answer to any ATV subject.

Also -- just as a random thought -- I have a friend who manages a country department store and he says you can sell anything if you put John Deere on it (must confess that I have two pairs of JD socks /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif). And in general, something with the JD tag is going to be more expensive than the equivalent without (have you seen the new JD bicycle at your dealer). So unless you want the JD ATV because its really cool to have an ATV in the JD colors (which it is) I would suggest buying the ATV from the original company. Also the ATV dealer is going to be better equiped to support you over the long haul. Just my opinion but I can certainly understand the attraction of the JD ATV.

/ Deere Buck ATVs #3  
I have an 05, Traxter Max Auto 650 XT, (the Max is the two person model), that I bought a year ago. It now has about 450 miles on it. Most of that has been trail/jeep road driving with two people on it.
I have had no problems so far. It starts good, even at -5 below zero. It rides and handles very well. Not as cushy as the independand rear suspension ATVs', but I like the stability the solid rear axle gives me at high speed on dirt roads.
I really like the rear radiator placement, keeps the radiator from plugging up with mud, and the front storage compartment is perfect for a soft side cooler with my lunch/beverages in it.
The longer wheel base allows it to climb up or down incredibly steep slopes with a lot less tendancy to flip over, and the "Radial" tires that came on it are as good as my buddies' custom oversized mud tires that he put on his Quest 650.
I believe that Bombardier has discontinued this model for 06 and that Deere is the only route if you want this engine/frame combination. I have only looked at the Deeres on their web-site so don't know much about them except that you can get them with a rear cargo/box instead of the two up seat, and they have other configurations based on this same machine. I also like their yellow wheels.
Any way, I am very happy with my machine for the use I have, hunting, fishing, and trail riding. I have a Deere 4310 for chores so I don't us the ATV for any work, except to ride around the property once in a while.
Bombardier builds bullet proof ATVs', no matter whose name is on it. Go try one out. If you are looking for a machine that will haul some serious loads/trailer, the towing capacity is 1100 lbs.
I would really like to try out the new 800 cc fuel injected ATV that Bomb came out with this year, but my wallet won't let me. I plan on keeping this one until the wheels fall off.

Hope my opinion at least gets you in to try one out. Compared to other Brands, no one else offers anything close, (in a two person), configuration.
Good luck with your shopping.

DT