Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts.

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #31  
Actually, I call a motorcycle driver somebody's father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, etc.etc.

What do you do for a living? I didn't think that was very funny! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

However, I will not hold it against you. Do you ride?

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #32  
I don't think the ' joke' was intended to offend anyone. Actually it is an old joke anyway.

FYI - I ride a motorcycle and I am also signed up as an organ donor (stated on my DL)

When I die, I hope there will be some good parts left that someone can still use, especially since I won't be needing them anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #33  
For many years our local police agencies have called motorcycle riders without helmets "organ donors". They may not say that in public but, that is indeed what most law enforcement and medical people think of motorcycle riders who don't wear helmets. It's simply the way they view things after seeing what happens.

P.S. Although it hasn't been all that long, I have ridden for over 37 years now.

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #34  
I don't see the humor in it either. I have friends that ride and pray that nothing happens to them. All I know is that I have had friends and people I know that aren't here anymore.

I ride an ATV and I use a helmet when I drive aggressively and at top speed in unfamiliar terrain that warrants it.

I never owned a motorcycle, but after getting the ATV, I think I understand the feel of doing that.

If you ride God bless you and keep you safe.

I watch those motorcycle shows on Discovery or TLC, and they had Indian Larry building his bike. They showed what he could do on a bike. He would stand on the seat while going down the road. Amazing. I think he was doing one of his stunts when he bought it. I felt bad about it when I heard, and I only saw him on TV.

In a small way way I understand the thrill of the ride, keep safe, and don't make me sad by getting hurt or worse.

I'm sorry if the mention of this old joke offended anyone.

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #35  
hey no problems here. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Isn't TBN cool. I do not own a street bike but do have ATV's and like dirt bikes just the same. I would like to have a street bike if I could be guaranteed I would never get 'squished' by a car. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #36  
If he was wearing a helmet he most likely wouldn't have died.
I know the many times I've crashed (on dirt and street) if I wasn't wearing a helmet I would either be comatose or dead.
I can see how it can be convenient to ride without one, but the consequences aren't worth it if you crash to not be wearing one, especially with people who barely
look where they are going driving there cars.

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #37  
Interesting thread......

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped at a choke and barf on my Triumph/sidecar rig and got a bite. While there, 2 'Busa's rolled in, two guys all done up in leathers and full lids. When they cam inside, I am sure they were both charter members of AARP.

A "Busa over 60........hope their reaction times were good.

Actually, I am 56 and I'd consider a Hyabusa or a GSX1100R just for kicks and giggles. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #38  
Guess I'll have to put one point out to the group as I am one of the "organ donors" who does not wear a helmet and have been riding for 31+ years now.
I believe there is still a few of us who value personal choice. Sure, I take my chances everyday that some hot shot with the latest Jap bass-blasting car isn't going to pull in front of me and launch me over the hood of their car, but aren't I entitled to make that decision? Our personal freedoms have been taken away by studies and stats and lawyers who have brainwashed us into a society where everyone else is to blame for everything. I have no wish to survive a major accident only as a living vegetable because a helmet kept my brain intact so my kids can bear the burden of my medical expenses.
Yes, I have had a cage-driver run me off the road years ago and a seatbelt would have killed me. I was able to kick away from the bike before it flipped several times into a river.
Helmets and seatbelts, not for me, but leave it up to the individual to choose what is right for them.

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #39  
Absoloutly........My feelings as well.

/ Question about Motorcycles and seatbelts. #40  
It doesn't take a major accident to slam your head onto hard pavement, etc.

I think you should have a choice to not where your helmet if you want to. 98% of the time I don't where my seatbelt, wish they didn't regulate that either with there laws.

I just don't think it is worth the risk riding without one when the risk is so high for severe injury.

I'll where my helmet.