Norwood Multimate for ATV

/ Norwood Multimate for ATV #1  

catvet

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39
Does anyone own a Norwood Multimate for their ATV? It looks like it would make your ATV really useful for various jobs including hauling, lifting, and digging. See the link.
Norwood Multimate

/ Norwood Multimate for ATV #2  
catvet,

I don't have anything on that link but will throw in my 2 cents.
I've seen a lot of similar attachments for an ATV but have heard really mixed reviews. Most of the problems in the reviews noted that what they're offering really puts a load on an ATV. I took a look at the page but cringed when I thought of dragging logs in my area (hilly). If the log starts to roll down hill, all your equipment is probably going to be dragged down with it.
I looked at your profile and it appears you have a better setup with your tractor/bh/fel/logging winch...

Brian

/ Norwood Multimate for ATV
Brian,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I agree the tractor is a better setup for most things. I've been looking for a way to use the ATV more effectively. I want to be able to haul more so the Cargo box looked interesting. Also the forks looked like they might help with moving pallets of logs, or logs themselves. I'm weighing the cost of an RTV against some setup for the ATV. I figure an RTV would be more comfortable but I don't see an option for forks etc. Hmm... maybe the multimate could be put on the front of a Kubota RTV.

/ Norwood Multimate for ATV #4  
Any idea what that Norwood unit costs?

I had several ATV's before getting the RTV. For processing firewood, outside of pulling a trailer load on relatively flat ground or maybe strapping a chainsaw on it to go cut up a tree, I didn't care much for using an ATV for firewood. Not sure about where you are in Vermont, but using an ATV for firewood on hills is a bit too dangerous for me.

Since getting the RTV, the only thing I use the tractor for is pulling a tree when I really need to control its direction (near house or whatever). Otherwise, the tractor, logging winch... just sit in the building. I've been cutting wood the past couple days and the RTV is invaluable. It can carry quite a load in the box as well as dragging logs and do it much faster than a tractor (and much safer than an ATV). I stack as much as I can in the box (3 ranks left to right with the tailgate open) and haul it to the woodshed. Dump it and go get another. (pic attached of some that I did yesterday). Using tow straps off either the front or back hitch, I can drag trees to the trail. On occasion, I use the winch if needed.

Brian

Attachments

• 736286-MVC-789F2.JPG
    736286-MVC-789F2.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 627
   / Norwood Multimate for ATV #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now that's a wood pile. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

Thanks. It's now 100% full /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. All I need to do now is fill that 10'x20' carport in the left of the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Brian,

The Multimate mainframe which can lift forks 36" is $2299 then 42" forks are $299 and the cargo box is $549 and so on depending what you are getting. So around $3200 - 3500 for what I think I might want to use it for.

Jerry

/ Norwood Multimate for ATV #8  
Got to agree with you that the RTV is invaluable. Today I had the tractor running the chipper and blowing it into the RTV. Then off to the pile and dump it. If I pile the wood in mine I can get just a little over 1/2 cord on with the tail gate up.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I can get just a little over 1/2 cord on with the tail gate up )</font>
Did you increase the height of the sides to be able to stack the wood about 4 feet high? It would be great to see what you did to keep the wood in.

/ Norwood Multimate for ATV #10  
Yes I did increase the height of the sides. Made a stake rack . I can post a pic of it later but I hate trying to put pic on this site because I have to resize it. Most update web sites have an automatic pic resizer and I really don't know why this site has not done that yet.