Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4?

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #11  
Your experience with Polaris doesn't surprise me at all. I had a 2002 700 Polaris ATV that overheated due to waterpump failure. My Polaris dealer said it was a rather common problem on the early 700s but Polaris wouldn't recall the machine but would use the "fix as fail" program.

That's nice Polaris.

I was lucky. I was only 2 miles from home when mine failed. But what about being on a trail 20 miles from help when it fails?

Polaris fixed the water pump under warranty and that for that I suppose I should be thankful. But if a component failure that could leave the operator stranded, and the company knows about it, then the machine should be recalled and fixed.

Polaris may see it differently. They may not see a disabled machine miles from nowhere as a safety problem. I just happen to disagree.

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #12  
Polaris corporate has not changed since 2002 in taking care of these type of issues. This being my first ATV purchase I had no preference or bias in the ATV market I felt and still feel that the Ranger is the best option between work and play but not the best at either individually.
The 2005 XP was the first year with the 700 EFI in the Ranger and the headers caused over heating issues. The problem is in the headers coming so close to all that plastic that makes up the cab and seat support. I had minor melting as mine was a later production and had more insulation in the area but the middle section of the bench seat became too hot to when operating and A real burn hazard.
The Polaris fix was an additional heat shield in this area which worked for the above issues but now permanently blocks the access through the "dog house" to the oil filter. The 2006 change in the XP as I have been told is double walled headers to allow for heat control. This is a more desirable fix and not offered to 2005 XP owners. When I'm ready for a replacement I'm confident there will be more competition in this area.