Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4?

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #1  

plumboy

Silver Member
Tractor
How do they hold up,any issues with them?Prolly going to get one next week.Looking at the 4 seater also.

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #2  
You may or may not know about some of the ATV forums. Just in case you don't, here's a few to check out. You might find some useful information on one of these sites.

ATV Connection
ATVNation
ATV Quadsquad

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #4  
I dont have one.We just bought a 500 ho a couple weeks ago.I just wanted to tell you,the dealer said most of the 2006s will be fuel injected.As far as the twin cylinder ,my friends have them,and have had no issues.Most atvs are pretty dependable now,if you ride right.The polaris tranny is bullet proof,the suspension is second to none[according to my dealer who says bombardier is getting close.]I dont know about fuel injected...heard they start better,and adapt to temperture-altitute changes.POST A PIC WHEN YOU GET ONE!!
ALAN

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4?
I forgot to say it is a ranger,plus I got mixed up with the 4 seater,thats a mule that I was looking at.The mule just doesnt seem to stack up to the ranger.Glad to hear about the tranny being bullit proof,guess my only concern is that there arent any bugs with the new efi.I'll post some pics if/when I get it.

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #6  
If you are looking at a Ranger, you may want to consider the Yamaha Rhino. From everything I've read, it is second to none in the side-by-side machines (I'm excluding the Kubota RTV from this comparison as I think it is an entirely different animal than the other side-by-sides). In any event, good luck with your search and decision.

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #7  
I have several friends who are Polaris fans. One has the new 700 efi. Basically even the Polaris faithful have the same comments as others; Polaris seems to lead the way with new tech, but they are not exactly to be confused with something that is reliable. My Polaris buddies will argue stats, power, and what is faster all day long, but they all bow out when it comes to being reliable. If you don't want to have any shop time or work on it yourself, they will tell you to just go buy a Rhino.

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #8  
I have a 700 EFI. Used it this weekend to pull my fish house (basically the same size as a 6.5 X 12 utility trailer with a V-front). With chains on the rear--it handled it easily. My nephew has a non-efi 700. It was about 10 degrees above zero on Saturday morning and mine fired right up and idled perfectly. My nephew's started, but was cold blooded for quite some time.

Not sure about reliability because this is a new machine, but the guys I fish with have been using all Poloris for hunting and fishing for the past 7 years--no problems on their machines.

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #9  
I have had a Polaris Ranger 700XP for all of a week and half now and love it. It is incredible how well it will handle hills and mud in 2WD in high range. Climbing out of a creek up a steep muddy bank is the only thing it hasn't been able to do in 2WD.

/ Anyone have a polaris 700 efi 4x4? #10  
If you haven't made your purchase I would avoid a 2005 XP Ranger for heat issues related to the headers as described on the PRC website linked on another recent Ranger post.
I had a minor melting problem myself and there are also posts describing the fix that should be on any left over 2005 models. The 2006 model has a new design that took care of the problem. Us 2005 owners are angry as we got a band aid solution instead of the improved headers on the 2006's.