RTV Temp guage ?

/ RTV Temp guage ? #1  

lschultz

Bronze Member
Tractor
M6800 4wd
Bought a RTV about 3 wks ago with under 10 hrs on it. Noticed that the temp guage will get up to about the width of the pointer pass halfway before the cooling fan comes on cools down fast. I am just not use to seeing a temp guage running over halfway. The BX1800 I have had for about 3yrs the temp on it runs under haft way on the guage. I felt the radiator and lines on the RTV and they are not that hot to the touch. Just wondering if I might have a defective guage.

/ RTV Temp guage ? #2  
There have been some issues with the temp gauges. We have had some machines that the gauges don't seem to ever move others go all the way up to the red and various places in between. None of the machines that we have worked on were actually over heating seems to more of a gauge calibration problem with the gauge manufacturer. As long as the fan is coming on a cooling the system the actual needle position on the gauge, especially if it's only halfway to three quarters of the way up, should be nothing to be worried about. Kubota has released a new gauge but it mostly address the problem with the "slow" gauge the ones that either did not move or moved up extreme slowly.

/ RTV Temp guage ?
Thanks for the info. I will go by the shop on one of my days off and talk to them about it.

/ RTV Temp guage ? #4  
I've had my RTV for about a year now. It gets used to haul extremely heavy loads of gravel and granite boulders. My temp guage rarely moves. The only time it moved was after about 2 miles of driving at full speed in high the guage hit the red mark - I stopped for a few minutes to let it cool and continued back to the job site - by the time I got back it was running in the red agin. I checked the radiator and the fan had sheared of the clutch assembly. My dealer replaced the fan and clutch the next day and no problems since. My RTV seems to run very cool - temperature wise... The only time the guage will move from cool is when I drive in high for long distances. I always thought the guage never worked properly but you really have to work it long and hard for the temp to get high. I sure do love my RTV. Best utility vehicle I have ever owner...

A to Z