Suzuki King Quad 700 efi

/ Suzuki King Quad 700 efi #1  

century3045

Silver Member
Tractor
century/A/C 616
I'm new here but wanted to say I've ridden and owned several 4 wheelers of different kinds but I bought a new 700 suzuki last fall and it rides and operates like a dream. I also have an 03 Suzuki Vinson 500 I bought new but I don't even want to ride it anymore after being on the 700. The fuel injection is responsive and the ride is powerful and smooth. I reccomend one to anybody. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Suzuki King Quad 700 efi #2  
I sold my Polaris Sportsman 700 a year and a half ago and am going through a serious case of ATV withdrawl. I'm not overly impressed with the workmanship and reliability of the Polaris ATV (I owned 5 different Polaris ATVs) so I am looking at some other brands.

I am impressed with the Suzuki King Quad 700. I looked at one last fall but decided to wait a little longer. Since I live in Minnesota I decided I am going to get one with fuel injection so that it behaves better in the cold weather. The Polaris 700 (carb model) was horrible in cold weather. It took nearly 10 minutes for it run properly if it was below 30 degrees.

I looked at the 650 (v-twin) last weekend. It had been sitting out at about 20 degrees and it also took too long in view to run properly. I'm actually impressed with the AC but the stumbling, spitting engine soured me a little bit. Cat does have a 700 (single cylnder) EFI coming real soon. Its expensive but might be worth a look.

Where do you live and do you have any experience with it in cold-cool weather? My dealer in SE Minnesota doesn't have any Suzuki 700s and won't have for another month. I hope I can hold out that long but I want to drive before I buy and I would like to see it operate in some cold weather.

Does the Suzuki 700 have a backup recoil starter? I think this is a nice feature. A dead battery with no backup starter is an irritant.

/ Suzuki King Quad 700 efi
I live in the very north west tip of SC, the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Although we dont have winters like you do in Minnesota, it has been in the 20's a few times this winter. I park the 500 in the building behind the 700 and it is not fuel injected. I spend a few minutes waiting for it to warm up with the choke on and usually end up taking off on it with the choke half on. The 700 I usually start up before I ever set down on it, 1 touch, no choke (this is nice) I still let it set there and run a couple minutes but once I take off, theres no spitting or sputtering. Both machines have back up recoil starting and can be started by pulling. I had a yamaha Timberwolf that did not have back-up recoil starting but I think most of the newer machines do have it. Test ride one if you get a chance. I have sold a couple just by letting people ride mine. The only fault I have is the racks are not big enough, I'm gonna buy some add-on baskets for it. I haul deer on mine and they are a bit too small for a big deer.