Bent RTV bed and tailgate

/ Bent RTV bed and tailgate #11  
The same exact thing happened to me when I was dumping some large rocks. I was sick for a couple of weeks. I finally sent it back to the dealership and had the tail gate replaced for about 130 plus decal. They also straightened out my bed and tail lights at no extra charge. When I called to see if it was ready, the guy on the phone told me how great it looked after they had finished. Their work far exceeded all my expectations.

/ Bent RTV bed and tailgate
After visiting the purchased from dealer, I ordered a new tailgate.

The bed will have to be subjected to stress induced from myself and a collection of tools, as they are not up for the challenge.

Sigh....

-Mike Z.

Picked up my new tailgate from the dealer this w/e.

173 bucks.

Have everything off the bed now. Will try and get some bend time at the neighbors this Friday. Dealer and a few of the mechs all are in agreement on where to bend.

It is only money and I cannot take it with me..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Mike Z.

FWIW,

Ended up taking the RTV bed apart. Then took the bed off the RTV. Used a neighbors outside vise and clamped the area tight. Used brute force to bend both ends straight.

Reassembled bed, installed new tailgate. Just like new. Will have to go to dealer and see about guard around oil-filter pump housing. Looked like newer models have redesigned guard? Need to scope this out. Need an excuse to look at the new M series anyway.

-Mike Z.

FWIW,

Ended up taking the RTV bed apart. Then took the bed off the RTV. Used a neighbors outside vise and clamped the area tight. Used brute force to bend both ends straight.

Reassembled bed, installed new tailgate. Just like new. Will have to go to dealer and see about guard around oil-filter pump housing. Looked like newer models have redesigned guard? Need to scope this out. Need an excuse to look at the new M series anyway.

-Mike Z.

Well, after three years, someone bent the tailgate again.

While backing up to a burn pile, I hear a loud smash, and the sound! Well, I knew exactly what it was.

I claim to be the number one tail gate bender owner on TBN.

Looks like another trip to the dealer is on order.

/ Bent RTV bed and tailgate #17  
I claim to be the number one tail gate bender owner on TBN.

well, look at the brighter side. We all need a trophy on our shelf! :dance1:

think like a boater, if you don't bend your prop, you're not out on the water.
hope it fixes easily.