New Cub Cadet 4x4 RUV

/ New Cub Cadet 4x4 RUV #1  

RBP

We just purchased the new Cub 4x4 over the weekend at L&M Farm Supply and had it delivered Monday. I just want to let everyone know that we absolutely love this machine. During the past year, we have looked at almost every RUV available and the new Cub seemed to fit our needs the best. I am 5'2" in height and my husband is 6'1". We live on a farm and have two young daughters that help with the animals and other chores. This was the only machine that we could find that we all could comfortably drive. To my knowledge, the Cub is the only RUV available with an adjustable bucket seat. The seats are very comfortable, and my husband says that it has the most leg room of any machine that he has driven, but with the seat adjusted forward my 11 year old can drive and still have very good back support! The Cub is built like a tank with a weight of 1500 lbs. It has a large 14.4 cubic ft. bed with a gas assisted lift cylinder that makes it really easy to raise the bed to the dump position. A few features that are standard that you won't find listed on the Cub Cadet website are skid plates, an audible alert that will sound if you are doing something wrong such as leaving the parking brake on, the gas assisted lift for the bed and available storage under the drivers seat. The OPS is really heavy duty, and with the seat belts you feel safe and secure. Our farm in Minnesota has some pretty steep hills, but I have not had to use the brakes once to slow the vehicle while descending, so I'm assuming that it has engine braking. The hydraulic disc brakes that it comes with are excellent and very easy to push. The machine is really stable, and it seems that it would be really difficult to turn it over. My husband just had lower back surgery, and this is the only vehicle on the farm that he can drive because the suspension gives a really plush and comfortable ride. Also, the gasoline model is probably the quietest out of all the machines that we test drove. Obviously, a lot of thought and consideration went into the design of this machine, and I believe that Cub hit it out of the ball park their first time at bat! For trail riding, there may be better machines available, but for farm use, I believe that the Cub will be hard to beat. There are a lot of good utility vehicles in the market place and new ones are constantly being introduced. My husband originally wanted the Ranger, but I could not drive it without sitting at least four inches away from the back of the seat. We heard about the Cub and decided to wait for its introduction, and we are really glad that we did! We paid $7600 for the RUV. With floor mats, horn and a full soft cab (we did not know that a hard cab was available) the total was $8800. The accessories section in the RUV manual lists a hard top and doors with glass front and rear windows and wipers as an option (at this time, the hard cab is not listed on their website). I called the sales person this morning, and I'm waiting on a price quote on the hard cab and the 72" snow plow. If it is reasonable, we will pay the difference and order the hard cab. Cub has already raised the MSRP on this vehicle $300 to $7999, and the manager at L&M said that their price was being increase to $7899 starting this week. We originally wanted the camouflage unit but it will not be available until late summer or early fall. The yellow/black unit is very attractive and sleek looking and really catches your eye. While we were at the store on Saturday, I heard the manager telling customers that all the stores had sold their allotment within the first week, and that he was not sure when or if more units would be arriving. My husband and I looked for a long time before making our decision. I have posted several messages and questions on these boards over the last year concerning both utility vehicles and tractors. I am posting this message in attempt to inform any interested parties and perhaps make your research and decision a little easier than ours was. Thanks.

/ New Cub Cadet 4x4 RUV #2  
Excellent write up. It sounds like you did your home work.

/ New Cub Cadet 4x4 RUV
The salesperson at L&M called yesterday to let us know that they received two camo units on Tuesday. We returned the yellow/black unit last night and picked up the camo. The camo comes standard with floor mats so the additional cost was only $200.00. Cub has not released any info concerning the availability and price of the hard top and cab. We really want the hard cab so we decided to wait and cancelled the order for the soft cab. Hopefully, it will be available before winter because it really gets cold up here in Minnesota!

/ New Cub Cadet 4x4 RUV #4  
Great review and thanks for taking the time to share your research. I do hope you will drop in and give us an up date after the family has put some hours on the Cub. Then I need you to write my wife and let her know how badly SHE needs one. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MarkV

/ New Cub Cadet 4x4 RUV #5  
Let's see some pictures!