slow leak in tire rim seal

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #1  

simonmeridew

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
What can I do to seal slow leaks around my tire rims on my Polaris 500 sportster? They take a couple of weeks and loose at least half the air pressure. BTW what air pressure should I be running?

/ slow leak in tire rim seal
What can I do to seal slow leaks around my tire rims on my Polaris 500 sportster? They take a couple of weeks and loose at least half the air pressure. BTW what air pressure should I be running?

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #3  
Slime.

The PSI depends on the tires you are running. Actually the tire should tell you the proper PSI right on the sidewall.

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #4  
Slime.

The PSI depends on the tires you are running. Actually the tire should tell you the proper PSI right on the sidewall.

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #5  
Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder.

I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why.

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #6  
Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder.

I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why.

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #7  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder )</font> then rub a little grease in inside of rim,

when I was in high school, working at the gas station we has a can of something at the tire changer that we would brush on the bead to help seal them. Anybody know what they used back then, mid-late 70's

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #8  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder )</font> then rub a little grease in inside of rim,

when I was in high school, working at the gas station we has a can of something at the tire changer that we would brush on the bead to help seal them. Anybody know what they used back then, mid-late 70's

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why. )</font>

Are you referring to Slime or Fix-a-Flat?

I have never heard anyone complain about tire changes with the Slime installed.

I too would vote for Slime. It's in all my off-road tires and I no longer get leaks nor flats.

/ slow leak in tire rim seal #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why. )</font>

Are you referring to Slime or Fix-a-Flat?

I have never heard anyone complain about tire changes with the Slime installed.

I too would vote for Slime. It's in all my off-road tires and I no longer get leaks nor flats.