Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default slow leak in tire rim seal

What can I do to seal slow leaks around my tire rims on my Polaris 500 sportster? They take a couple of weeks and loose at least half the air pressure. BTW what air pressure should I be running?

Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Default slow leak in tire rim seal

What can I do to seal slow leaks around my tire rims on my Polaris 500 sportster? They take a couple of weeks and loose at least half the air pressure. BTW what air pressure should I be running?

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default Re: slow leak in tire rim seal

Slime.

The PSI depends on the tires you are running. Actually the tire should tell you the proper PSI right on the sidewall.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Slime.

The PSI depends on the tires you are running. Actually the tire should tell you the proper PSI right on the sidewall.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder.

I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why.

Tractor
    Kubota L2500

Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder.

I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TC-30, fel

&lt;/font&gt;<font color="blueclass=small">( Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder )&lt;/font&gt; then rub a little grease in inside of rim,

when I was in high school, working at the gas station we has a can of something at the tire changer that we would brush on the bead to help seal them. Anybody know what they used back then, mid-late 70's

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TC-30, fel

&lt;/font&gt;<font color="blueclass=small">( Break the bead and check for rust, clean up with a wire brush on an angle grinder )&lt;/font&gt; then rub a little grease in inside of rim,

when I was in high school, working at the gas station we has a can of something at the tire changer that we would brush on the bead to help seal them. Anybody know what they used back then, mid-late 70's

Veteran Member

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why. )</font>

Are you referring to Slime or Fix-a-Flat?

I have never heard anyone complain about tire changes with the Slime installed.

I too would vote for Slime. It's in all my off-road tires and I no longer get leaks nor flats.

Veteran Member

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I stopped using the slime stuff. When you change a tire or have to pull a tire you will understand why. )</font>

Are you referring to Slime or Fix-a-Flat?

I have never heard anyone complain about tire changes with the Slime installed.

I too would vote for Slime. It's in all my off-road tires and I no longer get leaks nor flats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast