gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #11  
Lewis,

I have had both a gasoline and diesel Gator and my parents' next door neighbor in Ashe County has a Mule. He likes the Mule; I have no experience with it. As for the Gator, personally I like the diesel a lot better than the gas. It is no faster but will hold its speed well on our steep hills and when pulling up long grades. I have pulled some major loads up long hills around my place, and the diesel really outperforms here. For just driving around, it is NOT worth the extra money, unless you just like a diesel, which I do. If you are pulling or planning ever to haul heavy loads, go with the diesel. It is also a lot more fuel efficient. The Kawasaki has a nice reputation, but like you, I just do not think they look as good, and also like you, my JD dealer is a champ and I wanted to support his business. One thing I will note: there has been a goodly amount of talk about the off road capability of the JD and others. I personally think that the Polaris and the Yamaha are the better "off-roaders" due to their suspension travel. The down side to the JD is that the frame is quite stiff and the suspension has limited travel. This means one has to lock the rear diff or use four wheel drive when the other two brands might not, BUT there is nothing to me that will haul a heavy load like the Gator. With nearly 700# of stuff in the back, my Gator runs like it does empty and will climb/negotiate almost anything. These machines really are meant to haul loads and are at their best when doing so.

John M

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #12  
Lewis,

I have had both a gasoline and diesel Gator and my parents' next door neighbor in Ashe County has a Mule. He likes the Mule; I have no experience with it. As for the Gator, personally I like the diesel a lot better than the gas. It is no faster but will hold its speed well on our steep hills and when pulling up long grades. I have pulled some major loads up long hills around my place, and the diesel really outperforms here. For just driving around, it is NOT worth the extra money, unless you just like a diesel, which I do. If you are pulling or planning ever to haul heavy loads, go with the diesel. It is also a lot more fuel efficient. The Kawasaki has a nice reputation, but like you, I just do not think they look as good, and also like you, my JD dealer is a champ and I wanted to support his business. One thing I will note: there has been a goodly amount of talk about the off road capability of the JD and others. I personally think that the Polaris and the Yamaha are the better "off-roaders" due to their suspension travel. The down side to the JD is that the frame is quite stiff and the suspension has limited travel. This means one has to lock the rear diff or use four wheel drive when the other two brands might not, BUT there is nothing to me that will haul a heavy load like the Gator. With nearly 700# of stuff in the back, my Gator runs like it does empty and will climb/negotiate almost anything. These machines really are meant to haul loads and are at their best when doing so.

John M

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #13  
gordon21

Get the diesel JD HPX 4x4. You will not be sorry. I have two, and they are "work horses".

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #14  
gordon21

Get the diesel JD HPX 4x4. You will not be sorry. I have two, and they are "work horses".

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #15  
the deisel doesn't come with the clutch enclosure option!!! so if you are planning on riding in snow or mudd beware of the deisel. the extre power won't help you one bit it the belt is slippin.the deisel is just for workin no playin. the gas is for both.

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #16  
the deisel doesn't come with the clutch enclosure option!!! so if you are planning on riding in snow or mudd beware of the deisel. the extre power won't help you one bit it the belt is slippin.the deisel is just for workin no playin. the gas is for both.

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #17  
Let me start off by saying I have a HPX 4x4 gas. I got it on a demo (2 hours - static display) - was a good deal. I have 98 hours on it in the last 6 months. If I had to do it over, I would have spent the extra money for the diesel. The gas one is cold natured and it seems to drink gas compared to the diesel. With all that said, I am happy with my gator and it has never failed me - period. $2K more fot he diesel - I would do it if I had to do it over.

Now -I would look at the Mule with the 3 rows of seats and the convertible box. That sucker seems like the ticket. Being able to haul 4 people around at times can be handy. Of couse, we can always take the truck out then...

D.

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #18  
Let me start off by saying I have a HPX 4x4 gas. I got it on a demo (2 hours - static display) - was a good deal. I have 98 hours on it in the last 6 months. If I had to do it over, I would have spent the extra money for the diesel. The gas one is cold natured and it seems to drink gas compared to the diesel. With all that said, I am happy with my gator and it has never failed me - period. $2K more fot he diesel - I would do it if I had to do it over.

Now -I would look at the Mule with the 3 rows of seats and the convertible box. That sucker seems like the ticket. Being able to haul 4 people around at times can be handy. Of couse, we can always take the truck out then...

D.

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the deisel doesn't come with the clutch enclosure option!!! so if you are planning on riding in snow or mudd beware of the deisel. the extre power won't help you one bit it the belt is slippin.the deisel is just for workin no playin. the gas is for both. )</font>

But the diesel will out last the gas by far. No plugs, and no break down of gas to deal with.

/ gator HPX4x4 vs Kawa 3010 #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the deisel doesn't come with the clutch enclosure option!!! so if you are planning on riding in snow or mudd beware of the deisel. the extre power won't help you one bit it the belt is slippin.the deisel is just for workin no playin. the gas is for both. )</font>

But the diesel will out last the gas by far. No plugs, and no break down of gas to deal with.