Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV #1  

PRW587

Tractor
Kubota RTV900
Took the new RTV out for its first county road trip today. Loved the ride and experience, but learned about a couple things now on my MUST HAVE list!!!

Want turn signals and a rear-view mirror.

I want a really sturdy high-quality mirror. Guess it should mount to the 2" bar about where cars' mirrors fit. Should I pay the nearly $50 price for the Kubota model or get one of the ones I see from time to time that run about $20-$30? Cost is secondary to quality. Don't want poor quality. Anybody got good or bad mirror buying experience to share?

Ditto for the turn signals. Kubota's cost quite a bit, but I guess at least they'd fit well. Anybody got those and what do you think.

Who do you guys buy from when not looking at "genuine Kubota" stuff for your RTVs??

Thanks to all of you. I'm learning a lot from looking at old posts, but haven't found these particular questions so far.

P.S. Will save the winch questions for another day!!

P.P.S. What are you other RTV Newbies putting on your machines and where are you finding goodies??

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV #2  
PRW:
I recently bought a JD-HPX, and would also like some mirrors. I installed the JD screen for the ROPS, and it makes seeing behind you difficult -- would hate to back into a tree or something. Especially since JD designed the HPX such that a rear bumper is not feasible, and therefore repairing/replacing a cargo bed is going to be very expensive.
So, where are you finding 3rd party mirrors -- I assume they're bolt-on.
Jim

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV #4  
Suction cup boat mirror works great if you drive in the woods. Walmart also has some.
0d_1_b.JPG

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV #5  
If you have a west marine or simular boat store you might want to check there.

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV #6  
I have an rtv with the kubota glass windshield, went to walmart bought a $9.00 rear view mirror and $1.59 rear view mirror glue installed have about 50 hours on the mirror now no problems and it is really nice to know when a car is behind me now.

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV
Ended up buying turn signal kit from Kubota. Both front lights missing from factory sealed box. Dealer sent me replacements. Mounted front lights just under front edge of top. Like that location much better than low on ROPS posts where they wanted to put them. Had to redo wiring harness a lot, but much more pleased with how they look. Expensive kit, but glad I did it.

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV
Caved in and bought Kubota's mirror. Wanted to see what a super job they would have designed to mount it!!!

What a cludge! They bought what looks like a boat mirror made to mount on top edge of a windshield and gave me two large hose clamps to clamp the mounting bracket to the round ROPS pipe. Hose clamps would have barely caught the mounting bracket. Nasty looking job!!

Ended up cutting bracket up and cleaning rough edges and bolting it to that flat sheet metal fixture that runs under the front edge of the metal top. Looks much better and neater. Probably more stable, too. Now wish I had looked at all the other mirrors out there and saved myself a bit of cash. Oh well, hindsight and all that!!

/ Need rear-view mirror and turn sigs for RTV #9  
PRW587 said:
Took the new RTV out for its first county road trip today. Loved the ride and experience, but learned about a couple things now on my MUST HAVE list!!!

Want turn signals and a rear-view mirror.

I want a really sturdy high-quality mirror. Guess it should mount to the 2" bar about where cars' mirrors fit. Should I pay the nearly $50 price for the Kubota model or get one of the ones I see from time to time that run about $20-$30? Cost is secondary to quality. Don't want poor quality. Anybody got good or bad mirror buying experience to share?

Ditto for the turn signals. Kubota's cost quite a bit, but I guess at least they'd fit well. Anybody got those and what do you think.

Who do you guys buy from when not looking at "genuine Kubota" stuff for your RTVs??

Thanks to all of you. I'm learning a lot from looking at old posts, but haven't found these particular questions so far.

P.S. Will save the winch questions for another day!!

P.P.S. What are you other RTV Newbies putting on your machines and where are you finding goodies??

Hoping NOT to rain on your parade, you are looking for a rear view mirror and turn signals. Is that right?
Get a boat rear view mirror and some trailer tail lites. Total less than $35 bucks for both
Jim