JD releasing a brand new Gator model in January

/ JD releasing a brand new Gator model in January #1  

gordon21

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 790
My dealer finally had some news for me on the 07 HPX4x4 upgrades. He said there would not be hardly any changes to the current HPX4x4. HOWEVER, there will be an entirely new model released in January 2007 with these major differences from the HPX. The current HPX will continue in production with no power steering nor a power dump bed standard. The geometry of the dump bed hinges, etc will be changed so it is easier to dump.

The new gator will have 8" more ground clearance, top speed of 35MPH, much larger tires and a larger engine than the HPX and it will be gas only. It is designed to compete against the high speed "sporty type" competitors like the Rhino and the ones that like to go mudding.

This shuts the new model out of my plans. I was pretty much decided on the HPX4x4 mainly because it was low slung and far less likely to tip over. A low, wide model fits my intended purposes better. 25MPH will be fast enough for my wife and granddaughter. Now I will go back and reconsider the Kawasaki model that is essentially the equivavlent of the HPX only because it is available in camo. Both use the same engine anyways.

The official introduction of the new model will be in January and the first machines to be delivered to the dealers 4-8 weeks after that.

Can anyone else confirm these reports??? There must be an informed JD dealer out there somewhere on TBN.

/ JD releasing a brand new Gator model in January #2  
I've been very satisfied with the HPX 4x4 Diesel I have. The only change I'd like is to have power steering, and it only needs that at slow speeds. A limited slip front diff like the '06's would be great but it's not enough change for me to trade mine for a new one. If they can put power steering on lawn tractors it shouldn't be much of a problem to add it to an HPX.

/ JD releasing a brand new Gator model in January #3  
gordon21 said:
My dealer finally had some news for me on the 07 HPX4x4 upgrades. He said there would not be hardly any changes to the current HPX4x4. HOWEVER, there will be an entirely new model released in January 2007 with these major differences from the HPX. The current HPX will continue in production with no power steering nor a power dump bed standard. The geometry of the dump bed hinges, etc will be changed so it is easier to dump.

The new gator will have 8" more ground clearance, top speed of 35MPH, much larger tires and a larger engine than the HPX and it will be gas only. It is designed to compete against the high speed "sporty type" competitors like the Rhino and the ones that like to go mudding.

This shuts the new model out of my plans. I was pretty much decided on the HPX4x4 mainly because it was low slung and far less likely to tip over. A low, wide model fits my intended purposes better. 25MPH will be fast enough for my wife and granddaughter. Now I will go back and reconsider the Kawasaki model that is essentially the equivavlent of the HPX only because it is available in camo. Both use the same engine anyways.

The official introduction of the new model will be in January and the first machines to be delivered to the dealers 4-8 weeks after that.

Can anyone else confirm these reports??? There must be an informed JD dealer out there somewhere on TBN.

so your sayin the new hpx's will have 14'' of ground clearance?and go 35mph stock ? man them things will be awsome. as wide as they are that will mean they will top everything out there if you put even bigger tires and adjust the govenor for more. umf!. lets see 14'' plus a 2'' lift in the fron that will bring the front to 16 then you put some 27''s that will bring it up another 3 wow that's about 18'' or 19'' of clearance. plus throw in the clutch enclosure and a larger engine man i'm gonna trade mine in for one for sure.that's gonna be a beast of a machine. hey gordon when the new model comes out you wanna buy my old one ?it looks like new and still rides like new!

/ JD releasing a brand new Gator model in January #4  
Lewis,

These changes are actually quite different. As per my previous post, these machines will now be able to compete with the sport crowd as well as the work crowd. I would suggest that a ten mph higher top speed and much better suspension travel would make the machine a lot better. Also note that the gasoline engine will likely be fuel injected, not carbureted and they most likely will offer a diesel for those that like them, still with the same top speed. I had hoped for PS, but it looks like not in the plans. The nifty thing is that they will be offering a reduced effort steering that is even less effort than the reduced effort steering from this year. In all, if you like green, I think JD is coming through with a new Gator that will meet the needs of many. Also, even though they likely will be costlier, competition should keep them within reason of the competitors. Personally, if you have waited to this point, I would wait a little longer. I think you would find the new performance Gator with increased travel would offer your family a smoother ride over more types of terrain.

John M

/ JD releasing a brand new Gator model in January #7  
If it really doesn't have a diesel option its out for me. But it probably will be once I see the price tag anyway. But I DO want to see some pics :D I wonder if it will be as good on hills. Probably not which is another downside for me :( Oh well it is sure to be an amazing machine.