JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #1  

TCowner

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4720 Cab
I've narrowed my choice between the Cub Cadet 4x4 Utility vehicle and the JD HPX. Deere claims their 4 wheel drive system is a true 4 wheel drive system unlike the 3 wheel drive systems that the others use.

Can some one clear up the difference between these two systems?

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #2  
When you put most of these vehicles in 4 wheel drive the differential will typically let one of the front wheels spin. Deere is incorrect, the Polaris Ranger has true 4WD. Check them out.

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #3  
how would john deere be incorrect he never said what other brand utv they was comparying to. some others do have limited slip in the front and others don't ? if i'm not wrong rtv has limited slip right?

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #4  
The new hpx's indeed have true 4 wheel drive lock as well as rhinos. (not sure about Polaris, don't think you mentioned them)

The quality of the Cub Cadet doesnt come close to the hpx.

HPX is one tough vehicle.

Only plus I like about the cubs \is that the passenger seat is adjustable. :rolleyes:

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #5  
Skipholiday said:
The new hpx's indeed have true 4 wheel drive lock as well as rhinos. (not sure about Polaris, don't think you mentioned them)

The quality of the Cub Cadet doesnt come close to the hpx.

HPX is one tough vehicle.

Only plus I like about the cubs \is that the passenger seat is adjustable. :rolleyes:

Ditto.

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #6  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
how would john deere be incorrect he never said what other brand utv they was comparying to. some others do have limited slip in the front and others don't ? if i'm not wrong rtv has limited slip right?

Maybe it was just in the way I read it. He stated "like the others use", not "like the other" or "other one".

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #7  
i understand .does anyone have a list of the brands who have a locking front diferential? that atleast run in the same catagorey as the polaris/hpx/rtv and such?

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #8  
Tractors4u said:
Maybe it was just in the way I read it. He stated "like the others use", not "like the other" or "other one".

unlike the 3 wheel drive systems that the others use.

Now as far as the "true" 4WD what is wrong with the front LSD supplied on the gator ? It is indeed a "true" 4WD no two ways about it.

/ JD HPX vs. Cub Cadet 4 wheel drive system #9  
well i ain't braggin but with the new tires i ain't got stuck yet!!! now i can imagine if all 4 wheels were pullin it would be better but i really ain't needed the 4th one yet.lol although i would like a true 4x4 front end.